Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cursor in PDF not start from first link, why?

I created my own pdf book for my Nook, by using OpenOffice Write latest version (save as PDF command, at default setting).

The first few pages of the document are table of content which I create manually and specifying the internal document links.

The problem is when I open the document in my Nook, the cursor places itself at the lowest link on that page, instead of at the first link. The funny thing is, I have to press down to move the cursor up!; or press up to move the cursor down!. However, every link brings me to the right pages.

My question is: this is the problem created by OpenOffice "save as pdf" function, or it is the pdf reader in my Nook? I've tried with a few documents, it has the same issue.

It's not the end of the world, but just annoying.

Last edited by bthoven; 02-05-2010 at 04:42 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote