Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
DanT
Connoisseur
DanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo
Free: Lessons in Love by Kate Davies

Free from BoB

epub, lit, mobi

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...52370&v=buynow

Expire August 22
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Why can't I get this book?

Went in, created an account and click on Buy Book for this freebie. The book is not moving into My Cart to allow me to complete the purchase and download. Anyone else encountering this type of problem with BoB?
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
DanT
Connoisseur
DanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enough

You have to click on "Add to card" next to the format on the buy now page.

It work for me but I havent bought it yet, not sure I'm going to read this.

Hope that help

Dan.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trying to buy book

I am clicking on Buy Now however, it does not allow me to choose my format nor does it put the book into my cart to allow me to choose the appropriate format. I know it is something simple, just cannot figure it out.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
chilady1
I devour books!

Just thought of something

Can I purchase these books for use on Kindle? That might be the issue.
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
DanT
Connoisseur

It appear to be DRM-free so I would try with mobipocket.

However I don't have a kindle so I'm not sure how to proceed
Check the kindle forum

Here a post that may or may not help
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19649
Old 08-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
If it is DRM free mobipocket, you can just copy it into the documents folder on your Kindle and it should open fine.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
DanT
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I am clicking on Buy Now however, it does not allow me to choose my format nor does it put the book into my cart to allow me to choose the appropriate format. I know it is something simple, just cannot figure it out.
Here my buy it now page
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9311/bobkdo.jpg

I circle the add to cart button.

If you don't have that pages, I don't know do you have something that block javascript or similar.

Also try to click on the buy it now tab beside Synopsis-Details-Except-Review-Buy it now

Sometime it's lower on the page
Old 08-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
chilady1
I devour books!

Thanks

First, thanks to you all for helping me with this. It appears that I am going to have to get the PID using the instructions listed out by others on this thread. The longer you have the Kindle, the most advanced your needs become. Once I have that and input it into BoB, I think I will be good to go. DanT, the .jpg picture you sent is not what I see when I click on Buy. I think the problem is around the lack of the PID therefore, not allowing me to purchase the books. Will try a little later at home and report back. Thanks again for everyone's help. Seems pretty straight forward and if all goes well, will be yet another site to get books.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Definitely not DRM free ... and BoB (like most others) won't accept a Kindle PID.

It's read on your PC, a different reader (that supports one of their DRM formats), or break the DRM (which is most likely illegal, if you have a Kindle).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #11
DanT
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Definitely not DRM free
It open on a mobipocket without the PID registered, which doesn`t open my other DRM mobipocket

Also it open fine in the reader that came with calibre which also don't open my other DRM books

Also BoB put a small lock icon on DRM books and it's not there on Lesson in love.

So I assumed DRM-free.

Dan.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
chilady1
I devour books!

Talking Got it!

Hey Dan - just an update. Got the book once I got home. The main issue was Mobipocket was not on the desktop at work but is at home. Once I had that - was able to get book, put on the Kindle and it looks just fine. Can't wait to start reading. Thanks again for your help as well as the help of others.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Thanks Dan, they must have updated the page from the first time I saw it (won't be the first time).

I do wonder why the epub price went up (it was free also, when first listed, I think, as there were no versions that were not $0.00 then).

Perhaps Samhain has decided that those on Kindle should not be the only ones to get free books (then again, they still haven't updated their web page to show their Aug free books).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
DanT
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

I do wonder why the epub price went up (it was free also, when first listed, I think, as there were no versions that were not $0.00 then).
I see 2 epub version one DRM-lock costing $4.04 and one DRM-free at $0 a bit lower. Hmm which one should I get

Dan
Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
numtini
numtini began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
It's now free in the kindle store.
numtini is offline   Reply With Quote