Old 02-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Success I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Just try to do the recovery tool thing steps that you have trouble with.

BOb
BOb, I think you've done it!! I clicked the keys and the reader came up. I then clicked on the .lit test book and the message from the 'keys' had a big green tick mark and three rows of numerals. That should be it, right??

Now what though? Should there not be a non .lit book around that I can send to Calibre? I have tried to do this so many times that I'm not sure where I wanted to send the book, because it kept telling me that the directory I had picked didn't exist, so I had tried other pathways!

I am going to do a search and will get back to you.

Thanks again.
~Jen
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #17
Nate0072
Enthusiast
Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505 (Silver)
I also have been having problems.

I used downconvert to strip the DRM and it said finished.

I then dragged the file into Calibre and converted it. Then I got this message - Atoms not yet implemented, whatever that means!

Any help would be great.
Nate0072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #18
motoroboto
motoroboto began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Is there a thread that goes through all these steps one by one?If so can someone point me to it?
motoroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #19
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenPen1 View Post
Now what though? Should there not be a non .lit book around that I can send to Calibre?
Doesn't it end up as "<filename>_downconverted.lit" or similar?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote