Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
lauras231279
lauras231279 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader / xoom
insert pdf without messing up page numbers

Hi

I have just started to scan all my recipe books in order to view them on my Xoom. I decided to keep them as pdf's so as not to mess up the page formats etc (too much work to change them all). However, I am trying to work out how I can insert a front cover scan to the pdf file, without messing up the numbering of pages. As it is a recipe book, I really want to keep the pages the same as those in the paper copy so that I can easily jump to recipes, having looked in the index (which I will bookmark). Does anyone have any ideas how I could do this? Is it possible to NOT number some pages at the beginning (I already decided I would have to lose the introduction etc)? I don't think this would be possible but you never know! I really want to keep an image of the front cover so that my books look good in my "library".

Thanks
lauras231279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Adobe Acrobat can easily number pages.

If you're working with Adobe Acrobat X here's how:

Either select "None" or rename it something else like "i", "A", etc.

Edit: This also depends on the software displaying it... I remember Foxit Reader when it was in its infancy and couldn't properly read Adobe's numbering. In Adobe Reader I could jump to any page number I wanted and it would be the correct page, while in Foxit Reader it was off by a few pages because of the cover, info pages, etc.

So yeah. If it doesn't work, I'm sure there's a plethora of other PDF readers in the Android Market.

Last edited by DSpider; 10-05-2011 at 03:16 AM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
lauras231279
lauras231279 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader / xoom
thanks so much for this. Ill have to check my reader!

Laura
lauras231279 is offline   Reply With Quote