Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #31
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
If he,s expecting to be marooned in an internet desert, with an outer cordon of Amish cows, I doubt that the WiFi security is anything to worry about
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #32
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
name that thing and give the experts here a fighting chance
This is the problem (Hosted network supported: Yes) Mine is set to No. I have searched and what I found in searching would not change it to Yes.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #33
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The WiFi connection (security?) keywords are:

AdHoc (allow 'peer', way less secure connections)
or
Infrastructure (Only allow connection to Access Point/Router)

KYbunnies

Contact your ISP/service provider. There is no good reason why lack of WAN (outside) connection should shut down your WiFi LAN (inside) use. Maybe the can suggest a router setting change
I figured it shut it down because the router is from ATT. It is not something I purchased at a store. I figured they have some special settings to make this happen.
Save
Old 04-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #34
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
If he,s expecting to be marooned in an internet desert, with an outer cordon of Amish cows, I doubt that the WiFi security is anything to worry about
LMAO How do you know the cows are Amish. I thought only people were Amish.

Wait maybe the Amish converted their cows to their faith. They both smell about the same so it would probably be easy.
Save
Save
Old 04-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #35
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The techie bit on WiFi is out of my depth. But I bet someone here can fix it, unless your hardware does not allow the feature.
Google seems to have lots of ideas.
Ditto the att router. Someone here must have one .or the manual will be on line if you can give a specific model number.

Ps I expect the Amish bring up their cows in the faith. Do don't see those cows driving cars, listening to rap music or playing on hoverboards?
Advert
Old 04-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I figured it shut it down because the router is from ATT. It is not something I purchased at a store. I figured they have some special settings to make this happen.
Save
Still does not sound right. Modern People have multiple devices. Having DHCP or WiFi shut down with a loss of DSL (sync) is not a normal thing.

If you use a Wired connection (CAT5) from your PC, you should be able to log into the router settings . You users guide should have the procedure (user, PW).

Sorry I can't help more. My network is 95% wired with only my phone, tablet and Kindle being wireless (only) I also use a dedicated A/P and have disabled the one built into my new X2 router.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #37
stumped
Wizard

If that router thing has a manual, and we can get to see a copy online somewhere....
Well we all profess to be readers......
Old 04-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #38
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If US telcos are anything like Aussie telcos I doubt you'll find a manual for their network appliance or even a slip of paper telling you where the on/off switch is located.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #39
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
If that router thing has a manual, and we can get to see a copy online somewhere....
Well we all profess to be readers......
This is my router manual - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/85...gear-7550.html
Old 04-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #40
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Still does not sound right. Modern People have multiple devices. Having DHCP or WiFi shut down with a loss of DSL (sync) is not a normal thing.

If you use a Wired connection (CAT5) from your PC, you should be able to log into the router settings . You users guide should have the procedure (user, PW).

Sorry I can't help more. My network is 95% wired with only my phone, tablet and Kindle being wireless (only) I also use a dedicated A/P and have disabled the one built into my new X2 router.
The one thing I wished I made sure my laptop had was the thingy for a networking cable. I never realized it was absent until I attempted to search for it when I encountered a wireless problem. Everything I have is wireless. Well except the external drives.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:27 PM   #41
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
The techie bit on WiFi is out of my depth. But I bet someone here can fix it, unless your hardware does not allow the feature.
Google seems to have lots of ideas.
Ditto the att router. Someone here must have one .or the manual will be on line if you can give a specific model number.

Ps I expect the Amish bring up their cows in the faith. Do don't see those cows driving cars, listening to rap music or playing on hoverboards?
No but the cows have better manners than the Amish people. The cows do not come on private property and think anything they see is free for their use.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:51 PM   #42
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The one thing I wished I made sure my laptop had was the thingy for a networking cable. I never realized it was absent until I attempted to search for it when I encountered a wireless problem. Everything I have is wireless. Well except the external drives.
You can get a thingy that plugs into a usb port into which you can plug an RJ45 Ethernet cable. Search for 'usb ethernet adapter'; probably no need for USB 3.0.

BR
Old 04-22-2017, 11:52 PM   #43
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
No but the cows have better manners than the Amish people. The cows do not come on private property and think anything they see is free for their use.
If you still do not have wifi and internet here is what I want you to try. Unplug the power to the modem/router, while it is powered off unplug the cable to the phone jack. Leave everything unplugged and powered off, go drink a cup of coffee or beverage of your choice . Leaving the cable to the phone jack unplugged plug in the power and wait for the modem/router to boot, look for the wifi indicator if it is blinking then see if you have wifi. On a windows pc it will say limited connection no internet. If you get that notification then your local network is up with no internet. Now try to use CC to transfer books.

Next unplug the power cable from the modem/router, now plug in the cable from the phone jack and then plug in the power cable, wait for the modem/router to boot.

Quote:
My internet is through ATT. The cattle in the fence have damaged the box (don't know what else to call it). So ATT is attempting to repair the boxes but they think lines have been damaged also.
That box is called a RT(Remote Terminal) and it should be within a half mile of your house.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #44
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You can get a thingy that plugs into a usb port into which you can plug an RJ45 Ethernet cable. Search for 'usb ethernet adapter'; probably no need for USB 3.0.

BR
I have one of those to use with my Windows Tablet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETHERNET-10-...D190432098423T

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:38 AM   #45
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I have one of those to use with my Windows Tablet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETHERNET-10-...D190432098423T

bernie
Every home should have at least one of them. I have two, a H&W couple asked me to 'fix' their crap-infested laptops (2), so I sent them off to buy me a second one and a 10m cat 6 cable. I recall one of the laptops had 10,000+ PUPs and other such rubbish - most I've ever seen!

PS : rather than tethering my laptop to my phone, I'd go down the pub and use their wifi

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-23-2017 at 12:40 AM.