Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
eastonfmly
eastonfmly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The Economist is downloading with no content

For the last two weeks, i have downloaded the economist and it has had no content and less that a KB of memory utilization. I have tried downloading on multiple machines and versions, 2,82 and 2.53, with the same results.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Jim
eastonfmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me -- are you using the builtin recipe or a custom one. If the latter switch tot he builting recipe.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2017, 02:16 AM   #3
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
It says 'Article Download Failed' for each article in the Job Details. The output is a file with only the Cover and the headers. The rest such as the articles are blank. I used the built in recipe, and redownloaded the latest version of calibre and made 'Repair' in case something was corrupted.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's too early for this weeks economist download. As the recipe notes, it is best downloaded Friday morning GMT.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #5
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Hi, reporting back.

I have retried it now - Thursday at about 23:50, and it works great. It downloaded perfectly and is using the same cover image as it was trying to do this morning, when only blank articles were being downloaded. Now it has downloaded the issue together with the articles and all images. All perfect!

Thank-you kovidgoyal for this great tool, and for following up on this issue!
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2017, 05:44 AM   #6
eastonfmly
eastonfmly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was using a built in recipe. I downloaded just now (Friday AM) and it worked. The one from last week was done on a Monday so not sure why it did not work. It had all three files but the mobi extension was just .1mb

Thank you
eastonfmly is offline   Reply With Quote