Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
ronzbig1
ronzbig1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
Inkpad 2 - reader automatically opens articles via browser

Hello there,

I have recently bought Inkpad 2. I'm using it mostly for reading web articles send to reader via Chrome plugin Push to Kindle with pocketbook e-mail address. Everything is fine, but when I'm moving to last page of article (using physical keys) the reader automatically tries to open current article in built-in browser. It's really annoying, and I'm looking for some solution or at least workaround. I have the latest version of firmware (5.15) installed. Have anyone else encountered this kind of issue?

Best regards,
ronzbig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:12 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Could You attach such an aformentioned article from your pocketbook here?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
ronzbig1

I attached some example files. From what I know I'm not the only user who's facing that issue Here's the video with issue - https://youtu.be/4fMjMEe4Xq0

Last edited by ronzbig1; 03-18-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't own an Inkpad 2 so I did check it on my PB626 with Coolreader, FBreader, Adobeviewer and KooReader. I could not reproduce this behaviour on my device. This seams to be a "feature" of the new generation firmware of the imkpad2. So I guess installing either CoolReader or KooReader should solve the problem. Use epubinfo to select the app to open it if the device isn't supporting "Open with".

Last edited by nhedgehog; 03-19-2017 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
ronzbig1

I tried to install CoolReader, but the readme files says that I have to copy it to system directory, and InkPad 2 doesn't have it.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-04-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Advert
Old 03-19-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Windows hides any folder called "system" by default. You may have to uncheck some option in your file explorer to see it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
ronzbig1

I use Windows 10, option to show hidden files is checked. I tried to open reader internal storage with system explorer, via command line and Total Commander - still no system directory.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Perhaps they did away with the system folder in the latest firmware, but that would surprise me. In the last thread about the Inkpad 2, one user had no trouble installing coolreader, pbimageviewer,... to the internal system folder. I don't know what version of the firmware they were using, though.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #9
nhedgehog
Guru

If show hidden folders is checked on your win10 system and you don't see the folders system and applications, you can try to create those folders yourself. I guess that the inkpad2 is using the firmware with same changes like PB631. Since they changed the name of the internal reader, make sure that your version of extension.cfg looks like this.
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_EPUB

BTW: What happens if you longlick on some epub in the library you have not opened before? Does the appearing menu show the "open with" entry? What is happening if the same procedere is done with a pdf file?

Last edited by nhedgehog; 03-20-2017 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #10
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
In Windows you must show hidden folders AND unhide protected operating system files, then you'll see the System folder on the PocketBook.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #11
nhedgehog
Guru

It may help other people with the same problem if a feedback to our attemps to solve your problem would be given.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #12
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
I have Pocketbook Ultra and the same thing is happening to me. What I know:
  • It only happens in the default Adobe Reader, not in FBReader.
  • I'm currently using firmware version 5.14, which is the latest for my model. It might have been present in the previous one.
  • A few years ago it was not happening, but I am not sure when it started and whether it is connected to any firmware updates.
  • Not all links trigger this behaviour. Those from Push to Kindle are what I encounter most often, so I can't rule out the possibility that it's caused by something the plugin does. I think I've seen it happen with other links (in regular ebooks), but I'm not sure and I don't have an example at hand. Some links don't trigger it, though.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote