Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
JackieFrost
Banned
JackieFrost began at the beginning.

Device: Plain old Laptop!
What happened to the future ebook device subsection

I am sure this frustrates a lot of other people beside myself. I would suggest if it is not reinstated that there should be some temporary link to it.
JackieFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieFrost View Post
I am sure this frustrates a lot of other people beside myself. I would suggest if it is not reinstated that there should be some temporary link to it.
It was rolled into "News and Commentary" forum. All of the threads were moved so nothing is missing. There were some threads about this in the Feedback section a month back or so. Yea, here they are:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24235

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24466

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
JackieFrost
Banned

I am sure you guys thought about it a lot for this change, but may I suggest that a separate section would be a wise idea. I don't know if others have requested this but I don't see how each device gets its own subsection but there is no specific subsection for future ebook devices...I think all in all the subforums have been overintegrated so to speak.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I am sure you guys thought about it a lot for this change, but may I suggest that a separate section would be a wise idea. I don't know if others have requested this but I don't see how each device gets its own subsection but there is no specific subsection for future ebook devices...I think all in all the subforums have been overintegrated so to speak.
If you read the threads reference you will see the thinking. News and Future Devices were really redundant and when there is "News" of a "Future Device" where do you put it? Personally I think it was a good change. But, each is entitled to his own opinion.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
when there is "News" of a "Future Device" where do you put it?
I believe it(lumping them together) is a good idea. Less confusion.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
JackieFrost
Banned

Ok, guys thanks for your reply, like I said I am sure you gave it a lot more thought than I did and there are a lot of bright people here. That said, I still feel there should be a future devices section just for the news on future devices (and the "non-news"), and all the rest of the news elsewhere, because all the others are far less important than the new device staff for a lot of people, and they should be easily sought there. I am going to voice these of course when and if a new forum restructuring takes place.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Ok, guys thanks for your reply, like I said I am sure you gave it a lot more thought than I did and there are a lot of bright people here. That said, I still feel there should be a future devices section just for the news on future devices (and the "non-news"), and all the rest of the news elsewhere, because all the others are far less important than the new device staff for a lot of people, and they should be easily sought there. I am going to voice these of course when and if a new forum restructuring takes place.
Perhaps a prefix on the message would help people find these "important" messages.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote