Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Aura frustrations, help would be welcome

I have both the Aura and HD Aura. My HD Aura is golden, never had a problem with the shelves. Behaves wonderful.
My Aura and I are not in happy mode. First despite my hope I cannot move my microSD card between the Aura and HD Aura. I can live with that. I just load books to both. I have had issues with empty shelves on my Aura, I had calibre check for shelves. Nothing came back as 0 files on any shelf. This evening I said the heck with it and did a factory reset being the geek I am figuring that would force the reload of all books from the microSD card, resetting the shelves. Now my aura still see's the books (under books) but has not added them to the shelves aka collections. Short of formatting my friendly microSD card and starting from scratch (which is starting to sound real good). If I do the format the microSD card how to I force the shelves to reset? I have been working from home since I got my Aura so my AuraHD has been my device of choice. I suspect in the next 3 weeks I will be back in my office and would prefer to have my Aura in my purse vs my AuraHD.
If this has been published accept my apologies. Thanks again

Laura
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Maybe not the reason, but make sure you have automatic management on under preferences>send books to device.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unless you are using calibre, the shelves for sideloaded books are completely manual. The actual shelves are synced to the server, but only the downloaded kepubs will get the shelf status synced as well.

As you are using calibre, the shelves should be recreated on the next connection. That is assuming that the configuration is correct. And Helen's suggestion is the most common reason for this not to happen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote