Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #46
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
This is a feature/bug (depending on your point of view) designed to prevent the device from being accidentally woken and using battery if, for example, it got jiggled while you were carrying it. The theory being that if you don't touch the screen to do something in X amount of time it was an accidental activation to on. The work around for this is to do a VERTICAL swipe which won't change a page or activate a menu, but will cause the timer that causes this to shut off.
If it's a feature, seems a stupid one. Sleep cover magnet should keep cover closed in most bags, heck, most bags don't even have the room for the cover to open. I have never had it "accidentally" open yet. The bug made me think my first Aura HD was even buggier than it actually was.

Besides, it went back to sleep really fast sometimes, almost instantly, meaning more people are likely to think it is a bug. Thanks for the tip on how to stop it though.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #47
Rosalene
Rosalene began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA HD
Hi Guys
SOLVED: Joined the forum to say that I have figured out HOW TO REMOVE THE OFFICIAL KOBO AURA HD SLEEPCOVER> Had me too defeated for a while. At the top of the left side very firmly (considerable force, it's okay) pull back the edge of the cover side ridge with thumb, while with the other hand use fingers pressing at once downwards and lifting top edge of reader (edge with buttons). Works for me. There's a knack. Pity the cover did not come with instructions.
Rosalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert