Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Surveyah
Surveyah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Netflix working?

I have been trying to get Netflix to run all week. It logs me in, gets to the movies page, lets me select a movie......then it starts to run the movie...then crashes.

I had ver 1.4.0, and i upgraded to 1.4.1.....no difference. Do I need Flash or something else to make it work?
Surveyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
[deleted]

I didn't realize, when I replied that I was in the eDGe forum. My original response was referring to a computer platform.

Last edited by Mikou; 10-09-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyah View Post
I have been trying to get Netflix to run all week. It logs me in, gets to the movies page, lets me select a movie......then it starts to run the movie...then crashes.

I had ver 1.4.0, and i upgraded to 1.4.1.....no difference. Do I need Flash or something else to make it work?
It really crashes or bounces back to movie selection?
What OS you running: Ermine-0.9, Ermine 1.xxx or Dingo?
I talked to Netflix this week: they said they're working on tablets (PE isn't a phone from their point of view).
Where have you gotten 1.4.1?
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
http://bestmobilethings.blogspot.com...1-app-apk.html

It did install nicely

Loads the movie, tries to start it, then goes back to listings with a 'Resume Movie' button at the top. Click it...same thing.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I should probably mention that I'm running Ermine 0.9, not rooted or anything and although I did side-load the flash app, it wouldn't install for me.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
I have the exact same experience - loads the queue, loads the movie, flashes the scrubber bar and then goes back to the queue.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
Surveyah
Surveyah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am running Ermine 2.1.1......I saw that Netflix had been upgraded to 1.4.1. Here is the link to the file: http://www.apktop.com/netflix-1-4-1.html

the download link is directly under the bar code

To those of you who do have it working on the PE, can you please explain how you did it, and your system specs?

Thank You
Surveyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
To those of you who do have it working on the PE, can you please explain how you did it, and your system specs?

Thank You
I did not think anyone had it working to watch movies. I got as far as being able to see the lineup but when movie was selected it started to play then bombed. I did read this morning that someone has Hulu+ working so that gives some hope.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
I am running Ermine 2.1.1......I saw that Netflix had been upgraded to 1.4.1. Here is the link to the file: http://www.apktop.com/netflix-1-4-1.html

the download link is directly under the bar code

Thank You
The app runs but the video playing is not working yet.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
Firynze
Firynze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, HP TouchPad, Entourage Pocket eDGe
This is exactly what happened to me when I tried to load Netflix on my brand-new PE running Ermine 0.9 last night, only I also got a message that "there's a new version of this app available," which hangs when I try to update. I was running 1.4, not 1.4.1, but it seems like that doesn't make much difference to behaviour.

If we're lucky, 1.5 will work on a Pocket Edge!
Firynze is offline   Reply With Quote