Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin Peach View Post
I am having the same prob. the power light is green at the top and I've had it plugged in all day. figured it had to be done so unplugged from the cable then removed the cable from the pc and noticed it was still showing connected and charging. I have done all the things listed (holding buttons etc) and it still has the same window. it is not showing as fully charged, but AFTER the entire day? I;d say I have a prob. can anyone help? I do not want to send it back to the factory for a reset? have lots of books on it but? don't want to lose the kobo either. Am in the Dominican Republic (so not home) we are here 6 mons of the yr and in 2wks we head back home. The reader was purchased in Sept. 2011 not used much. so I'm sad this has happened. HOPE someone can help me.
First try a soft reset by pushing a pin in the hole on the back of the Kobo (in the middle at the bottom). If that doesn't work, try the factory reset listed above. It's something you can do yourself, you don't have to send it to the factory to have it done. All it means is that it resets the reader back to its factory settings. You will need to reload all your books after you do this.

FACTORY RESET: hold power button ON for 10-15 seconds then release it. Press and hold home button. Turn Kobo ON normally while holding the home button down.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
Bbruce
Bbruce began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLandes View Post
I may have removed my Kobo a bit too quickly from its USB connection, and now I'm stuck on the black "Connected and Charging" screen. Paper clip reset attempts are not working.

Any magic combination of button/slide presses that might get me out of this? I don't think it's a dead battery issue, as the battery was near full before I plugged it in, and it wasn't connected for long.

Ideas?
i had a similar problem. Screen locked and green charging light was on (battery was about 1/4 charged). Left it for 24 hours but no change, tried 4 different cables, mains charger, 4 different USB ports, soft reset, hard reset but nothing worked, tried all the previous again for 2 consecutive days and still nothing. The green charging light was always on when connected.
Eventually (carefully) prised the back off, disconnected the battery, re-connected it after a minute, replaced the back and - hey presto, good as new! Did a factory reset just to be sure and it seems to be fine now. Back cover comes off by inserting a thin blade as a lever, but as with any electronics beware of touching or shorting any of the components.

Last edited by Bbruce; 05-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Bbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #18
NININHA
NININHA began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader model:n613
Question

sorry...
I got a kobo eraeder tuch for xmas, I tink I used all battery, and today when I went to turn it on has a smily face on with the eyes closed... I can't turn it on
What do I do?
NININHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #19
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NININHA View Post
sorry...
I got a kobo eraeder tuch for xmas, I tink I used all battery, and today when I went to turn it on has a smily face on with the eyes closed... I can't turn it on
What do I do?
try charging it for a while .
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote