Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
2.11 Shell Access is Working Again

For those who have been unable to run shell scripts after updating to 2.11, you can request shell access again here: https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer

Horray! Now it's time to get back to porting.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's great - thanks, Alex.

Just to clarify, after re-requesting the shell access, I need to re-run the FBReader installation package from my CF card, right?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Gosh, what is it with people calling me Alex all of a sudden?

And yes, you will need to run the FBReader instalation script again.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Adam, even . Sorry - it's been a long week .
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
garyj
garyj began at the beginning.

Device: Axim X51v/iRex iLiad
not working for me

Hmm. When I go to the quoted URL it asks me to choose a MAC address, but there's no MAC in the dropdown menu.
garyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
ou will have to connect to your myirex account via ids once before your address is recognized. Dont forget to enter the correct credentials in your iLiad settings.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Have you connected your iLiad to the IDS before using the account you logged in with? If you have, there should be a MAC address there!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Yes I had the same issue, but 1 first connect to iDS with 2.11 and hopp MAC addy present again.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
For those who have been unable to run shell scripts after updating to 2.11, you can request shell access again here: https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer

Horray! Now it's time to get back to porting.
YES! Now I can upgrade And yeah, back to porting and eh, more importantly CREATING!, hehehe....

Aenea

Last edited by Aenea; 09-27-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Typo...
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
xristy
Connoisseur
xristy doesn't litterxristy doesn't litterxristy doesn't litter

Device: iPad
It's not working for me:

configuration: ER0140/ 002 2.11 (a version 2 iLiad)

I have gone to https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer, logged in and selected the MAC address and then pressed the "send developer package" button. Then I connect to iDS with the iLiad and it shows "Connecting to server" and then very quickly replies "--- Nothing to download ---" and then "hangs". In other words it doesn't restart or return to the Download History. It simply is frozen on the page displaying the tumbling books with the message at the bottom saying "--- Nothing to download ---". I have to press the reset on the back of the unit and then switch it back on to restart.

When I upgraded to 2.11, after the upgrade the iLiad restarted and then immediately reconnected to the server and downloaded some docs and then reported "--- Download Complete ---" and froze just as it does now.

So there appear to be two problems:

1) the "send developer package" doesn't seem to put anything in the "inbox"

2) something seems misbehaving on the iLiad itself

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by xristy; 09-27-2007 at 12:24 PM.
xristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
DeGodefroi
Zealot

Hmmm remove the CF card from the iliad.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #12
xristy
Connoisseur

still no go but a change

OK I removed the CF card and now the first time I connected to iDS the response was again --- Nothing to download --- and then the iLiad restarted so I thought that maybe the developer package was downloaded after all but no go. mrxvt doesn't start - the green status light blinks once and nothing else happens. I tried again another several times and still got the --- Nothing to download --- but no further restarts.

Is it remotely possible that this is a version 2 issue? Has any one else with version 2 downloaded the developer package?
Old 09-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
@xristy:

Are you using Safari by any chance?
I just tried requesting the developer package with Safari, and when the form was submitted I ended up on the welcome page instead of the confirmation page. Tried downloading the developer package twice without luck. The third time I used Firefox and actually got the confirmation page upon submitting the form. This time the developer package downloaded without a problem. I guess MyIrex is a bit picky regarding browsers.
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
xristy
Connoisseur

Thanks!!

Yes I am using Safari on a Mac and I have just now succeeded by using Firefox. Since I had never used the facility before I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to see the welcome page after pressing the send button.

Why do I have to have the CF card removed in order for the restart to succeed after the download?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:22 AM   #15
DeGodefroi
Zealot

It is since some CFs interfere with the Iliad rebooting.
That was before 2.11 with some brands/types etc.
And now, you can reboot from CFs aswell ..so the Iliad does look for CF and a certain file on it to verify reboot from CF or just continue normal boot.
That might also affect upgrading a bit.