Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #31
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Unless it is blocked by a firewall to access the Internet.
You can guess what the firewall does on my PC

Two people now complained about page turn issues after the update. I guess I am going to wait for a couple of weeks and see how it works. I don't have problems with purchased books anyway
Looks like these were the ones who did it 'their way' meaning not syncing it via Sony RL...

Anyway the update had a far higher number than the firmware on my 350 something like 1.80.6890 and before it was 1.80.0045 (these aren't the real/correct numbers, I can't remember them correctly but you see my point, don't you?) so I imagine there may some other minor changes be made. The faults it is to correct didn't occur on my reader but before I updated it froze every other day when loading collections or in "show all books", this is gone now.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #32
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Did you check if restarting/reset helps?
Yup, that appears to have done the trick. It's working fine now.

I've done nothing 'cept left it alone, and it seems to have sorted itself out - crosses fingies................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Looks like these were the ones who did it 'their way' meaning not syncing it via Sony RL...

Anyway the update had a far higher number than the firmware on my 350 something like 1.80.6890 and before it was 1.80.0045 (these aren't the real/correct numbers, I can't remember them correctly but you see my point, don't you?) so I imagine there may some other minor changes be made. The faults it is to correct didn't occur on my reader but before I updated it froze every other day when loading collections or in "show all books", this is gone now.
I will have temporarily lift up the restriction soon to sync the thingy.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #34
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Just FYI, I did the update via the Sony Library program.

But shutting the 650 down again and restarting solved the "sluggishness."
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkkmaths View Post
Can anybody tell me whether the update works with a russfied reader?

Thank you!
It will wipe put your mods. So you'll need to try to get the developers of the hacks to hack the new firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #36
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I'm right in thinking this firmware does very little other than fix minor DRM bugs? I'm pleased they're working on the firmware, but I think it's worth skipping this update for me.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #37
reneveliz
terron
reneveliz began at the beginning.

Device: none
the firmware update is actually for every region, USA, CAN, AUS... etc etc. It's simple and quick... for those who got some time that annoying message "protected by digital right management"...
solved
reneveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #38
meerkat
meerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemeerkat can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: prs-650BC (was prs-600), ipad, kindle PW1,Google Nexus7 (2013)
Most of the software firm bug fix public release notes simply lists the major issue(s) they fixed, there is always a possibility some small fixes and improvements are piggybacked in the update. So if you read a fix that does not matter to you and skip the update may end up not picking the fix that affects you.

Of course every update can be a double edge sword in that i fix may introduce new bugs.
meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #39
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I think it may have introduced new bugs. it was after a firmware update that my reader began to experience hardware problems. Like hitting the home button would activate the standby screen and the standby slider would not work properly and now the battery drains very quickly even in standby mode.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I think it may have introduced new bugs. it was after a firmware update that my reader began to experience hardware problems. Like hitting the home button would activate the standby screen and the standby slider would not work properly and now the battery drains very quickly even in standby mode.
I've done the firmware update on my 650 and I've not had any of those problems.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #41
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Full restart (with normal shutdown, not sleep) should resolve this problem.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #42
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Kartu:

Since you're here, I might as well ask:

I've been putting off updating my 350's firmware because I thought doing so would prevent my installing and enjoying your confection, PRS+.

Would you advise me to continue to hold off if I'd like to try your custom firmware in, say, the next few months?
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #43
Syniurge
Enthusiast
Syniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-650
Does Sony knows that the font sizes are frustrating many users?

The most important flaw that could easily be fixed
Syniurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #44
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Prestidigitweeze
I hope (no hard dates) to release 2.0.11 with 14xxx support by the end of this week.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #45
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syniurge View Post
Does Sony knows that the font sizes are frustrating many users?

The most important flaw that could easily be fixed
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote