Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Boogie4
Exceedingly Newbie
Boogie4 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
iMac G5 - Calibre Version?

Please forgive me if this question has already been posed, but I have done a search on the forum and can't find it ...

Which version of the Calibre software would be compatible with my ancient but much loved iMac G5 2.1 Ghz, running OS X version 10.5.8 (which I think is the latest possible with the G5 chipset)?

Having downloaded the latest version on the site without having first looked properly and seen the "Intel" warning, I found of course that it wouldn't install once downloaded.

Many thanks
Boogie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
scroll down on the calibre os x page, there is a link to the last version that will work on your machine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Boogie4
Exceedingly Newbie
Boogie4 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Many thanks Kovid

And apologies for bring as thick as a whale omelette!
Boogie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No problem
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #5
NinjaCrepes
love/hate Kindle
NinjaCrepes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 gifted, considering a return
Let me apologize in advance for this stupid question...

I'm running a powerbook G4 (so pre Intel), but like boogie4, love my now antique laptop.

I (successfully) installed Calibre 0.6.18 but this doesn't support Kindle 3 so I'm using the Kindle DX settings--so I was wondering which is the most updated version of Calibre that will still run on a pre Intel Mac (and does it perchance support K3)? I can't seem to find that info on the download page, just the notation on the current version saying that requirements are intel.

Thanks for any info you're able to provide.
NinjaCrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCrepes View Post
I'm running a powerbook G4 (so pre Intel), but like boogie4, love my now antique laptop.

I (successfully) installed Calibre 0.6.18 but this doesn't support Kindle 3 so I'm using the Kindle DX settings--so I was wondering which is the most updated version of Calibre that will still run on a pre Intel Mac
I believe, according to this page, the newsest version for pre-intel is 0.7.27 and yes it supports the Kindle 3 (support started in version 0.7.16).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #7
NinjaCrepes
love/hate Kindle

Thanks dwanthny. I'd actually read that page but I guess didn't understand the info.

I'll give it a shot.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll give it a shot.
I don't use a Apple but it can't hurt to try.

Good Luck.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:11 AM   #9
NinjaCrepes
love/hate Kindle

Yup, converting now, 0.7.27 worked.
Thanks again!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Yup, converting now, 0.7.27 worked.
Thanks again!
You're Welcome, glad to help.