Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Love Sigil, Hate HTML Tidy

As the topic says. At least I am assuming HTML Tidy is creating this problem but... anyway something is fuggering up my css code, I really like Sigil but this is starting to piss me off. I do have HTML Tidy supposedly off but it still happens.

It's taking this:
<p><i class="italix">

and making this:
<p class="italix sgc-1">

with this at the top of the page:
<style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/
p.sgc-1 {font-style: italic}
/*]]>*/
</style>

It's not too much of a problem where the whole paragraph is italicized but its doing it as well were only part of the paragraph is italics. Though only if the italics are at the beginning of the paragraph.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Make a repeatable test case and create a new issue on the tracker. This shouldn't happen. Not only should it not misinterpret where the class applies, but with Tidy "off", it shouldn't try to merge elements at all.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Been going through the epub I'm working on and have been coming across &gt; in a bunch of areas where it has taken the class from the <i> tag and moved it to the <p> so I am not sure what the heck is going on. Maybe I was working on it too late last night and screwed something up myself. If it repeats with another book I'll create an issue on the tracker for sure.

Thinking about it, I wonder if I did this: <p <i class="italix">>

As it doesn't happen with every instance and I was doing a copy/paste into.

[EDIT]
Just did a test and that does indeed appear to be my above problem but still doesn't explain my first post as there were no telltale &gt;... will keep looking.

Last edited by Danger; 12-25-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote