Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #16
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Is there a way to get the Kindle prices to show on your wish list. I have loads of books in mine but have to keep going into each one and checking the price.
Not via the Amazon website. But on my Amazon iPhone app (available for other devices) it shows the ebooks and prices in my wishlist without any extra clicking - so I use this to check prices daily.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #17
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Is there a way to get the Kindle prices to show on your wish list. I have loads of books in mine but have to keep going into each one and checking the price.
I use the price drop feature on KindleIQ.Com. They email me when the price drops down to what I'm willing to pay for. Basically, cuts down the need to check for myself daily.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #18
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
The new George Washington book is also $19.99 for Kindle.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Not via the Amazon website. But on my Amazon iPhone app (available for other devices) it shows the ebooks and prices in my wishlist without any extra clicking - so I use this to check prices daily.
I have the Amazon iphone, how do you get to your wish list?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #20
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found it thanks. You go into

Get Books
Amazon.co.uk Home (at the very bottom of the screen)
Wish List
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
I have the Amazon iphone, how do you get to your wish list?
When it loads up click on More ... at the bottom of the screen then you select Wish list. It will display all the wish lists you have if you've got more than one.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
When it loads up click on More ... at the bottom of the screen then you select Wish list. It will display all the wish lists you have if you've got more than one.
Thank you thats such a handy tip
Old 10-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
There is a Amazon UK equivalent now, through Jungle.com. I've put 4 books in there and will see what happens.

I know I'd love to get an IPod touch, but I'd prefer it if Audible had their app available for the .uk site as well as .com, as it allows proper bookmarks.

With that and the Amazon app, I'd be all set.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #24
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Fall of Giants is $9.99 for me (accessing Amazon.com from Canada). There are numerous posts on this site talking about getting around geographic restrictions.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzomys View Post
Fall of Giants is $9.99 for me (accessing Amazon.com from Canada). There are numerous posts on this site talking about getting around geographic restrictions.
It's £8.55 in the UK. That's including 17.5% VAT, of course.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #26
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's £8.55 in the UK. That's including 17.5% VAT, of course.
That would be $13.7CDN or $13.56US. People can buy another book from an independent author with the savings.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's because Amazon UK's eBook prices are always set to be slightly lower than the cheapest paper price, and the hardback of "Fall of Giants" is currently £9. The eBook price will fall drastically when the paperback is released.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #28
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's because Amazon UK's eBook prices are always set to be slightly lower than the cheapest paper price, and the hardback of "Fall of Giants" is currently £9. The eBook price will fall drastically when the paperback is released.
So for once it seems that the American store is not the one with the lowest price. I didn't know that Amazon UK had this price policy. Useful information.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
So for once it seems that the American store is not the one with the lowest price. I didn't know that Amazon UK had this price policy. Useful information.
UK prices generally seem to be lower than the US prices when it comes to Kindle books. We don't have as wide a selection, but what there is, is generally cheaper.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #30
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
I still think that ebooks are relatively overpriced when compared to paper, it's the same with downloading music as opposed to buying a cd. The price should be reflective of costs because that is how profit works. A rule of thumb I came across with art and photography was if you're selling a piece figure out how much it cost to make it and triple it, this will let you replace the one you sold and still profit from the sale by 100%.

The same should be true of ebooks and digital music downloads and therefore the products that cost less to produce should sell for less. If not then someone is pocketing the difference and I doubt it is the authors and artists. High prices for digital media will only serve to encourage pirating.

I'm not saying they should give the stuff away for free but there is no reason they should be getting higher profits from ebooks than they are with the books and since they don't have to actually manufacture the book that is exactly what they're doing.

/rant

PS I'm not saying this as a greedy consumer, I'm also an artist/musician/author and like getting paid as much as anyone else but there's a line and across it is just greed.
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote