Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Somebody's busy cleaning up after a spammer! Thanks, mods!
I noticed that myself. It's rare they even manage to slip in. Certainly the spam didn't stick round long before being zapped. Bravo!
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #17
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
On behalf of the team, thank you all very kindly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Somebody's busy cleaning up after a spammer! Thanks, mods!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I noticed that myself. It's rare they even manage to slip in. Certainly the spam didn't stick round long before being zapped. Bravo!
And now for a peek behind the scenes. This graphic represents only one page of what we greenies see when we view the General Discussions forum. The grayed-out threads are deleted efforts by spammers to spam us. Although dreams had by far the most hits on this page, I believe poohbear_nc had the most spammer hits on the previous page, but we all spend way too much time zapping these vermin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GeneralDiscussionSpammers.PNG
Views:	261
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	110967  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

And now for a peek behind the scenes. This graphic represents only one page of what we greenies see when we view the General Discussions forum. The grayed-out threads are deleted efforts by spammers to spam us. Although dreams had by far the most hits on this page, I believe poohbear_nc had the most spammer hits on the previous page, but we all spend way too much time zapping these vermin.
Well the jpeg just goes to prove (IMO) what an outstanding job the mods do in keeping the boards here at MR free of spam. I've seen message boards over at yahoo that are supposed to be about a given topic and instead are nothing but spam, spam, spam and I'm sure the spammers are unrepentant about filling the boards with it. Not at MR though. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bravo!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Yikes!
I thought the 4 I blasted in Calibre yesterday was bad
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Over the weekends, the "mod view" of the forums, esp. the General Discussion forum, strongly resembles Swiss cheese -- with very large holes.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
What's amazing from a purely user point of view is how RARE it is to log on and see any spam that needs reporting at all. I caught two today (same "2 post" guy, same post, two forums) that I reported, and by the time I'd logged back on, they were both gone. And I'm sure the spammer was evicted, with prejudice.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
What's amazing from a purely user point of view is how RARE it is to log on and see any spam that needs reporting at all. I caught two today (same "2 post" guy, same post, two forums) that I reported, and by the time I'd logged back on, they were both gone. And I'm sure the spammer was evicted, with prejudice.
I agree. The mods at MR do an outstanding job of zapping that junk.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks all.

A little thing I do sometimes when there are so many "holes" on the forum pages; I will just not log on and just read the forum until I notice a spam post. When that happens, I will log on to remove the spam and then log off again. It just makes it easier/faster to scroll the forum if I don't have to deal with so many 'greyed out" threads during the heavy spammer times.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
Bompa65
Connoisseur
Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.Bompa65 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Vox
I too wish to offer my thanks. I have learned a great deal about my Kobo Vox in the few days that I have been a member.

Bompa65
Bompa65 is offline   Reply With Quote