Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I threw a coin and it said you should go with a Nook.

I can throw it again if you will.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #17
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
The Kindles do support PDF. It is just kind of hard to zoom and scroll around on PDFs formatted for an 8.5 x 11 page.
I believe nobylspoon is saying the same thing about Kindle readers with e-ink. NS is simply pointing out how frustrating it is to try to read pdfs on the e-ink readers which have been released so far.

It's possible the Paperwhite and Kobo Glo will be different, since the processors will be faster, but the size and tech still seem awkward for that purpose.

The technical possibility of reading a pdf means almost nothing when the practical experience is maddening. It's good to be able to look at a pdf on a Kindle in an emergency, but a real tablet is leagues better for that purpose.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Be careful about pdf support. Last I heard, reading pdfs on kindles sucks. The touch doesn't even do landscape. That may have changed. I don't know about the nook. Just saying, don't just expect it if it's important to you. A lot of people will say reading pdfs on an 6-inch ereader always sucks with any ereader, but I do pretty well with 90% of pdfs on a prs-650 with prs+ installed, so they are wrong.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #19
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
Get one of each. The newer features and lower prices on the devices are enticing many to cross over to get one of each. I been a nook user for over 2 years and I plan on getting the kindle PW wifi when they are released.
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote