Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-20-2022, 11:10 AM   #1
devilsangel360
devilsangel360 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2, Kindle Oasis
Honest inputs for Nova Air C

I am considering selling my Note 2 (hopefully through this forum) and purchasing a Nova Air C.
Looking for honest inputs on the device. I do intent to read more ebooks than comics and magazines, but how is the color performance really?
Is it wise to wait another year for better devices?
devilsangel360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:56 AM   #2
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsangel360 View Post
I am considering selling my Note 2 (hopefully through this forum) and purchasing a Nova Air C.
Looking for honest inputs on the device. I do intent to read more ebooks than comics and magazines, but how is the color performance really?
Image should look like:

Image should look like on Nova Air C (4096 color):

Both image are from this wiki page.

I think the choice is very personal. I personally no comment but I can give you some image to compare.

Last edited by winstonma; 07-22-2022 at 10:20 PM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 07:22 AM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
For me, color is out of the question. With the current state of things the color part is not at the same resolution as the B/W part. Just knowing that would drive me crazy.

I don't think the quantization (4 bits per channel) of the color is the killer.

I'd like to see some real world images comparing the screen grab with optical photos.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #4
devilsangel360
devilsangel360 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2, Kindle Oasis
Thanks, I think the picture of the macaw is more relevant if I was reading PDFs or magazines with real world pictures. I know I will not get a modern day glossy comic book popping out like it does on an iPad, but maybe it won't be that bad. Another plus point for the color display is for book cover screensaver. It might look neater than a BnW image. But again, a need to pay a premium for these features is the question I will ponder upon
devilsangel360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
Skies
Skies will become famous soon enoughSkies will become famous soon enoughSkies will become famous soon enoughSkies will become famous soon enoughSkies will become famous soon enoughSkies will become famous soon enough

Device: Oasis 2, Aura One
This is a month old, but in case anyone found this thread via Google:

I mocked up a more realistic view of the macaw on the device (as a Nova Air C owner). This would be with the vividness setting turned to the max.

It is likely that new color devices using new technology might be announced for late 2023 at the earliest (due to COVID delays). If color is your priority, wait and see.

Last edited by Skies; 08-26-2022 at 07:49 AM.
Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2022, 11:23 AM   #6
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:

Good to take notes with colour. To read ebooks for me as we say in Spain there is no colour, the best is the Kobo Libra2, nice contrast and crisp letters with uniform light. The whites in the Nova Air C are not white and there is ghosting and artifacts in the screen.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jospalau; 09-01-2022 at 12:21 PM.
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 07:41 PM   #7
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
The case for it sucks and the options for alternative cases suck as well. Long as that doesn't matter.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote