Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-09-2022, 02:55 AM   #1
satawat
satawat began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
Cool Where to find apk for NeoReader, please?

As said, I'd like to try NoeReader in other devices, like LikeBook and Mi Reader Pro. It is hard to find even after hours exploring Google.
Please help!
satawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:13 AM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
It doesn't work outside Onyx Boox.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2022, 06:13 AM   #3
JWilliams92
JWilliams92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm not sure what you are looking for. I've found apks without any issues. Could you explain more and clarify what exactly is apk for NeoReader?
JWilliams92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 02:58 AM   #4
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
If you want to update the Neoreader, you can get the latest Onyx App from the other post.

I believe you can install in other Android device but you shouldn't be able to use it to open books.

Last edited by winstonma; 03-10-2022 at 03:47 AM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 03:13 AM   #5
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilliams92 View Post
I'm not sure what you are looking for. I've found apks without any issues. Could you explain more and clarify what exactly is apk for NeoReader?
Onyx Boox readers are android based.
He'd like to use NeoReader, that's default onyx software, on different devices but, even if extracted as apk, it won't work on other brands as probably relies on internal libraries.

Tried that also
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2022, 03:38 AM   #6
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
IIRC the older Oreader worked on other devices
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:42 PM   #7
satawat
satawat began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Thanks!!
I use APKExtractor to extract it from my Note Air2, in a breeze.
And, yes, I failed to install it to any device other than Boox, so sad.
satawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:28 PM   #8
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
neoreader works for other devices... like boyue likebook etc, but no one uploads the new version, only outdates ones are out there
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:52 PM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You might want to consider KOReader, as a multi-platform reader. It can run well on Onyx Boox ereaders (like my Note 2 10.3") as well as on a number of other, even non-apk eink ereaders. I also, on rare occasions, (mostly for recipes from cookbooks) use it on my Galaxy Tab A7.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:02 AM   #10
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
neoreader works for other devices... like boyue likebook etc, but no one uploads the new version, only outdates ones are out there
No, it won't work.
Why would we say otherwise ?
If it worked i would have put neoreader also on my kingrow k1 (eink android phone) and my lenovo tablet.
On those other device i found myself confortable with Pocketbook Reader

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....obreey.reader
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:12 PM   #11
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Yow! Why would you want any app that weighs in at 170 MB?
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 169977574 2008-12-31 17:00 kreader2-release.apk
I use a reader that's 1/30th of the size.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:30 AM   #12
AvijitBis
AvijitBis began at the beginning.

Device: None
How do i install neoreader on other android devices and make it work?

Last edited by AvijitBis; 01-05-2023 at 07:33 AM.
AvijitBis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:32 AM   #13
AvijitBis
AvijitBis began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 169977574 2008-12-31 17:00 kreader2-release.apk
I use a reader that's 1/30th of the size.
What does this command do?
AvijitBis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:49 AM   #14
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvijitBis View Post
What does this command do?
It's not really a command, it's just a directory listing showing how big the app is.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 11:26 PM   #15
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You might want to consider KOReader, as a multi-platform reader. It can run well on Onyx Boox ereaders (like my Note 2 10.3") as well as on a number of other, even non-apk eink ereaders. I also, on rare occasions, (mostly for recipes from cookbooks) use it on my Galaxy Tab A7.

Luck;
Ken
I am KOReader newbie and I would like to configure KOReader properly. I would like to see if there are options for the following:
  1. Open last read book during Open
  2. The font size change while I open another book. Is it possible to fix the font size cross different books?
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote