Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-04-2023, 01:12 PM   #901
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Snippet Alert (from the new, just started book!):

Quote:
It was astonishing how relaxing it was to chop vegetables.
This is reported to be the very first sentence of the new book. Interesting...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 12:42 AM   #902
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Snippet Alert:
Quote:
"Things you need to bear in mind, though I make no doubt it will hurt your head." Padi curled her fingers close into her palm, leaving only the thumb showing, pointing up.

"One: Shan yos'Galan's melant'i is complex and varied. He is Priscilla's lifemate, elder brother to three siblings, and my father. In addition, he is a master pilot, and a master trader. Lastly, he is Thodelm yos'Galan, keeper of the Line, its debts, and its credits. In this role, he is also advisor to the delm."
Old 02-21-2024, 12:24 AM   #903
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Truly sad news tonight: Steve Miller has died. He suffered a heart attack as he was about to go for a walk.

Last edited by CRussel; 02-21-2024 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:27 AM   #904
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:41 AM   #905
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Vey sad news indeed.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:08 PM   #906
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Oh, I’m so sad to hear this! How heartbreaking for Sharon and his family.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:51 PM   #907
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Oh, I’m so sad to hear this! How heartbreaking for Sharon and his family.
Yes, this is going to be tough for Sharon. They've been partners and collaborators for >45 years.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:22 PM   #908
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yes, this is going to be tough for Sharon. They've been partners and collaborators for >45 years.
Wow, that long. And to lose him so suddenly with no warning. I hope that in time their remarkable legacy together can bring her some comfort.

I never met Steve in person, but his passing feels like a personal loss. Their creation has enriched my world and I feel a debt of gratitude to them both for so many years of reading pleasure.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:04 AM   #909
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Like you, Victoria, I never met them in person, but the loss feels personal. I've been reading their books since the '80s, and have followed their moves to and around Maine.
Old 02-26-2024, 12:59 PM   #910
Victoria
Wizard

Quote:
Like you, Victoria, I never met them in person, but the loss feels personal. I've been reading their books since the '80s, and have followed their moves to and around Maine.
Yes, and I appreciate how you’ve kept us up to date over the years. Someone wrote in the condolences section following Steve’s obituary that they’d had lost a friend they’d never met. https://file770.com/steven-richard-m...ruary-20-2024/. Beautifully said.

I owe you a thanks Charlie. You introduced me to the series, as you probably have many other fortunate readers, and it’s turned out to be a wonderful gift.

(Another interesting tribute: https://www.centralmaine.com/2024/02...es-dies-at-73/)

Last edited by Victoria; 02-26-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:22 PM   #911
CRussel
(he/him/his)

And I owe them a thanks because they were the vehicle that introduced you to me!
Old 02-27-2024, 01:43 PM   #912
Victoria
Wizard

Quote:
And I owe them a thanks because they were the vehicle that introduced you to me!
The pleasure has all been mine!