Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
K2 Recognized by Mobipocket Desktop?

I've been getting mixed reports that the new Kindle is recognized as a reading device (not a USB drive) by MobiDesktop 6.2 build 608. Can everyone test this please?

You can download MobiDesktop here. Install it, run it, and then plug in your K2. If it is recognized as a reading device, a window should pop up. MobiDesktop should tell you the device's PID.

Thanks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Nope, doesn't work for me (tried build 606 & 608).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
How about Mobipocket Reader Desktop 6.2 Beta, build 614?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Not with build 614.

It shows up as a removable disk. I haven't done extensive testing, but it appears that it does not work in mobipocket desktop as a removable disk. I have about 400 books (mostly baen) that I moved using windows explorer into the documents folder on the K2. Mp build 614 shows an empty removable disk called Kindle.

When I go to my library and tell it to move a book to the Kindle removable disk it creates a new folder on it called ebooks. I haven't done enough testing to be sure that this is true, but I believe that Kindle looks for books only in the documents folder and won't see things in the ebooks folder.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
dre95060
dre95060 doesn't litterdre95060 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
How about 6.0? Does that still work?
dre95060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert