Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #16
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
If ereaderoutfitters' price is comparable to iRex's and your DR1000 warranty is supported locally, why would you buy from iRex's website?

I can't think of any reason not to choose the local distributor, pay in your own currency, and have on-hand support if you have any problems or questions.

Perhaps other distributors haven't received their DR1000 delivery yet. We're expecting our delivery any day and I haven't heard about any problems, as you're suggesting.

Last edited by cbell; 10-04-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Added comment after reading Gogolo's post.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The only reason I ordered from Irex is that I thought I'd get it faster. Irex shipped stock to the distributors on Monday and Tuesday. I was expecting them to start shipping to customers right after that.

Boy, was I stupid.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2008, 07:12 AM   #18
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The only reason I ordered from Irex is that I thought I'd get it faster. Irex shipped stock to the distributors on Monday and Tuesday. I was expecting them to start shipping to customers right after that.

Boy, was I stupid.
Sorry, Nate.. it wasn't my intention to rub it in :P
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You weren't rubbing it in. I'm just mad at myself for not realizing Irex would pull this crap.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #20
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Nate, it wasn't my intention to rub it in either. I was replying to davidspitzer's question above, not criticising your choice.

If there was a problem with delivery of the DRs, I'd expect iRex to have informed distributors. We knew about the new range for several weeks before they were released (but distributors/resellers were sworn to secrecy).
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #21
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Well I've had a notification from UPS that mine is expected to arrive on Tuesday 7th, however as I shall no doubt be out it will add a day or 2 before I get it...

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #22
Kakyou
Kakyou began at the beginning.

Device: Many
Check the iRex forums. No one has gotten a shipment confirmation yet and no one is getting any replies to emails to support either. Karel has gone missing in action.

I keep waiting for iRex to post a big "Going out of business, You've been had" sign on their webpage.
Kakyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #23
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Well I've had a notification from UPS that mine is expected to arrive on Tuesday 7th, however as I shall no doubt be out it will add a day or 2 before I get it...

Howard
I am so jealous. BTW, is Ellesmere Port in Great Britain?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #24
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Yes its in the UK.
It will be nice if it does arrive however as I will be away on the 7th I ain't going to get it then. Typical. Mind you it does at least show some progress

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Yes its in the UK.
You might want to add that to the location in your profile. We have quite an international community here. It is nice to know what part of the world folks are from.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #26
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
If I am in the USA do you think it is better to order direct from IREX or to order from the US distributor at www.ereaderoutfitters.com/
I used ereaderoutfitters for my iLiad and later for a cover. The process was completely painless, and I recommend them.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #27
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I used ereaderoutfitters for my iLiad and later for a cover. The process was completely painless, and I recommend them.
I've placed order over there for DR1000S on 09/24, so far it still has status "Order Received". Haven't got any updates from them either. I guess, we have to wait till iRex actually makes a few readers
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #28
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Unfortunately this seems like typical iRex again. I placed an order on the 22nd and it finally went to ready to dispatch this past week, but they haven't responded to any email inquiries about status. I must say their customer interaction continues to be about the worse I have ever seen.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I must say their customer interaction continues to be about the worse I have ever seen.
You've obviously never dealt with Bookeen, then .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #30
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Precisely!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote