Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Saioko
Saioko began at the beginning.

Device: Digma s602
Question Conversion to FB2

I prefer to keep e-books (fanfics mostly) in fb2 format, and store them in other program. I use Calibre only to download and pre-sort them.
But when converting them in Calibre I found that I lose a lot of information. Details like Publisher, Date of publishing, Rating, Story and Author URL are all available in Calibre, and have corresponding fields in fb2 format, but they are never copied into fb2 file.

Can it be implemented in one of the future versions on Calibre? Or if it is already possible, can someone help me to find where I set that up?
Saioko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/14884
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Saioko

Thank you very much! It looks like just what I wanted.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
Saioko

kovidgoyal
Thank you again (as I've managed to crash my PC twice while seting up bzr).
I wrote the rest of what I wanted myself.

And I found a small mistake in src/calibre/ebooks/fb2/fb2ml.py - line 139 is
Code:
metadata['author'] = u'<author><first-name></first-name><last-name><last-name></author>'
<last-name> is opened twice, not closed. It didn't apear earlier because it deals with book without author, but if that line is used, book won't open.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, fixed.
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Saioko

One more question.
Is it possible to access custom columns when converting to fb2?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No .