Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many of us are reading exclusively in electronic format?
Yes, I am reading in electronic format only 185 63.79%
No, not all of the books I read are electronic format 105 36.21%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #76
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
For pleasure 100% electronic

(Reading that is)
Hmmm.....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #77
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I still buy Cookbooks and Art books. I also still get magazines in the post. I admit that the ones that also give me digital editions are what I read on my iPad.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #78
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
I've been a lifelong reader and always loved the look and feel of books, and the scent of libraries, so when ereading devices first hit the market, I was not first on the bandwagon to get one. However, I received a Nook Color on my birthday two years ago and I haven't looked back. My vision has worsened over the years so I always had to buy Trade's or hard cover editions and this got to be quite expensive. Now I can adjust the font and this has transformed my reading experience. Plus I love the convenience of being able to download a book from anywhere, anytime, even during the middle of a snowstorm.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #79
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1katie23 View Post
I've been a lifelong reader and always loved the look and feel of books, and the scent of libraries, so when ereading devices first hit the market, I was not first on the bandwagon to get one. However, I received a Nook Color on my birthday two years ago and I haven't looked back. My vision has worsened over the years so I always had to buy Trade's or hard cover editions and this got to be quite expensive. Now I can adjust the font and this has transformed my reading experience. Plus I love the convenience of being able to download a book from anywhere, anytime, even during the middle of a snowstorm.
I am hooked.. I have read hundreds of books, magazines and newspaper over the yrs on paper only.. (now I'm 65) and I now look at anything printed in paper and I think.. sheesh.. I can get that on my Kindle, iPad etc.. I would now only buy a printed paper copy of anything only if there was nothing else available.. and soon to come printed Books, Magazines and Newspapers will be dinosaurs and hard to find..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #80
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1katie23 View Post
I am hooked.. I have read hundreds of books, magazines and newspapers over the yrs on paper only.. (now I'm 65) and I now look at anything printed in paper and I think.. sheesh.. I can get that on my Kindle, iPad etc.. I would now only buy a printed paper copy of anything only if there was nothing else available.. and soon to come printed Books, Magazines and Newspapers will be dinosaurs and hard to find..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #81
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I am first and foremost, a reader. So while I usually prefer ebooks, for convenience reasons, I have absolutely no issues switching between physical books and ebooks in my reading pursuits. I'm certainly not going to deprive myself of reading something I really want to read by zealously adhering to some random, self-imposed media restriction.
This goes for me as well.

I'm now leaning towards e-books when I can because my eyesight is going south (a bit) and my arms are not growing longer.
Another reason I lean towards e-books is that I tend to like loooong stories and it is much easier to read 1000 pages on a 200g device than hold a 1kg door stopper.

But I am one of those people who likes to re-read and I have many hundreds of paper books so I'm not going to stop reading paper books any time soon.

I may stop buying them. Or not. I have bought paper books since I got my first e-reader (I'm on my third) so maybe I'll never stop buying paper books...

About the only time when I go exclusively e-book is when I go in holiday or on a short trip for 2-3-4 days as I will not longer carry paper books with me. Also, when in holiday or on a trip my reading likes/dislikes seem to sometimes change a bit (weird huh?) so I'm glad to have my e-reader stocked with books of about 3-4 genres (and I usually take a few old favourites just in case) if I feel I don't want to read whatever book I was in the middle of as the plane takes off.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #82
Dana Page One
Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dana Page One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm a retro girl; always have been and always will be. There is something that attaches me emotionally to paper books. I'll travel with a Kindle, but I still keep my favorite books on shelves. I also still purchase current paperbacks. Actually holding a book in my hands, I think, connects me to my childhood.
Dana Page One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #83
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
I pretty much exclusively read digital now, though I make an exception for when the book is itself a physical work of art such as fancy illustrated editions.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #84
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I'll read a physical book only as a last resort. And then, grudgingly.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #85
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Here is a reason to purchase used p-books:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/books/booksb...s&type=article
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #86
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I will always buy the paperback if it is less expensive than the ebook, which is often the case with novels that have been around a while.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #87
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Until they change their (stupid) rules, I have print books for takeoff/landing purposes. Also, not every book is available as an ebook. And, how do you classify audiobooks?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #88
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I still prefer paper, it's just more of an all round reading 'experience' and for most of the books I want to read the paper versions are much cheaper than their ebook counterparts. I guess I'm still stuck in the 'wanting to own something physical' mindset.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #89
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Whenever I can I read e-books. But sometimes they don't work, like books with lots of pictures (explaining exercises, for example).
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #90
mizzlia
mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook tablet 8gb, samsung galaxy tab 10.1 wifi 32gb
For the forst time in about a year and a half i read a paper book. It was free dick wolf first book btw love him anyway i was having such a hard time reading because it was a big paperback and my hands started to hurt. I couldnt read with one hand had to read with two. I finally finished the book and went back to reading on my nook oh how i missed reading on it.
mizzlia is offline   Reply With Quote