Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Facebook Timeline glitchy?

Good morning ladies and gentlemen

I looked at my Facebook account earlier and noticed that, somewhat puzzlingly, that there is no reference in the Kobo section to the new book I started reading this morning at all. Is the auto timeline update feature glitchy?
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I think it listed mine a couple of weeks ago...I'll try again and let you know...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I think it listed mine a couple of weeks ago...I'll try again and let you know...
Thanks Pokee. I checked my Facebook profile again today and there is STILL no reference to the book I am currently reading on my Vox - The Science Delusion by Rupert Sheldrake - despite the fact that I read from it again this morning, and made sure the Timeline feature was not switched off
Old 03-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
seems a bit glitchy for me also, usually read side loaded books so the auto time line postings dont work anyway with them

read some of a book i am in the middle of and it posted to timeline saying I was reading it

later I read a couple of short books, neither of these are anywhere on the timeline
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Odd. The problem seems to be specific to that one book in my case. There's not a trace of it in my Timeline and yet other books are showing up no problem. Bizarre
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I might have found out why it didnt work for me

From what I have seen, it updates facebook when you bookmark the book, the 2 books I read where short stories so I read right through them then closed them, not triggering the post to facebook

got a couple of sideloaded books to finish, then have some kobo books to read, so will check more into the timeline posting while reading these
Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I think I might have found out why it didnt work for me

From what I have seen, it updates facebook when you bookmark the book, the 2 books I read where short stories so I read right through them then closed them, not triggering the post to facebook

got a couple of sideloaded books to finish, then have some kobo books to read, so will check more into the timeline posting while reading these
Interesting theory, Paul. I thought I had bookmarked the Sheldrake book but perhaps not...
Old 03-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
I can't speak to Vox-specific issues, but there's a known bug where activity around certain books won't show up in Timeline – namely older editions of books that have been republished, and books not available in the US store. A fix for this issue is being worked on.

Sorry about that, but this could explain your glitchy Timeline activity. Oh, and sideloaded content doesn't share to Timeline (but that's intentional).

Edit: I just checked, and The Science Delusion isn't available in the US store, which explains why your activity isn't showing up on Facebook… at least until this is fixed.

Last edited by lessthanyouthink; 03-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
paulsalter
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
Sorry about that, but this could explain your glitchy Timeline activity. Oh, and sideloaded content doesn't share to Timeline (but that's intentional).
Thats a shame as it makes the stats in Facebook pretty meaningless
Old 03-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
I can't speak to Vox-specific issues, but there's a known bug where activity around certain books won't show up in Timeline – namely older editions of books that have been republished, and books not available in the US store. A fix for this issue is being worked on.

Edit: I just checked, and The Science Delusion isn't available in the US store, which explains why your activity isn't showing up on Facebook… at least until this is fixed.
That explains the glitch perfectly Good of you to check.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Thats a shame as it makes the stats in Facebook pretty meaningless
Only if you mainly read side-loaded books, which I personally don't. Looks like I was right about this omission being intentional.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
paulsalter
Fanatic

doesnt surprise me that this is intentional, most extras are for kobo bought books

I only have a lot of side loaded because before I got my kobo I used Kindle app on my iPod, so had a large collection of books, most of these I converted to ePub in December ready for my Vox (any new kindle books I use kindle app)

going forward it wont be much of an issue, as I get most of my new books from kobo

minor annoyance, but nothing that will stop me enjoying my kobo
Old 03-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #13
paulsalter
Fanatic

Started a new book last night, Uprising by Scott G. Mariani, this is a kobo bought book and nothing has been posted to facebook about me starting/reading this

I assume it is the above bug, not in the US store or an older edition (bought it around christmas time)
Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #14
paulsalter
Fanatic

started another kobo bought book, nothing posted to timeline again

if this is the bug as mentioned above, how long till a fix? there are people outside the US that use this device so whether a book is available on US store or not should be irrelevant
Old 03-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
started another kobo bought book, nothing posted to timeline again

if this is the bug as mentioned above, how long till a fix? there are people outside the US that use this device so whether a book is available on US store or not should be irrelevant
If it's a bug, then it's unintentional by definition. But how long till a fix indeed? How long till they fix the Vox version of Pulse?