Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Desert Island Music Choices

What music must you have with you if you were to be stranded on a desert island?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
1. Debussy - Claire De Lune (it's midnight and sadness all in a song and... now I have an idea for a story )

2. Frank Black and the Catholics - I Burn Today (I love Frank Black, any song by him would do, but this song inspired one of my short stories, so I had to pick this one)

3. Breeders - We're Gonna Rise (just because I could listen to Kim Deal's voice reading the phone book and it would give me chills)

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I'm a jazz fan. I have six:

Two favorite albums:
Mike Nock - In, Out & Around
Richard "Groove" Holmes - Soul Message

Two best sellers:
Henry Mancini - Music from Peter Gunn
Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool

Two box sets:
The Paul Desmond Mosaic box
The Bill Evans Village Vanguard 1961 box
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
None. I can live perfectly with the sound of the sea and the palms.

Otherwise, Enigma, Enya and Era would be perfect.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:26 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
None. I can live perfectly with the sound of the sea and the palms.
I was thinking the same. I think Iʻm a bit of an oddity, as I donʻt keep up with music, I donʻt really know music (except for a few favorites like They Might Be Giants and Indigo Girls), and I really donʻt listen to music on a regular basis. I donʻt have any sort of mp3 player/IPOD, and I have never followed the "what are you listening to" thread, because Iʻd just have to say "my kids, the voices in my head, or whateverʻs on the TV in the background, etc." I do whistle to myself a lot and sing my own made up songs, so I think I can entertain myself just fine.

I am kind of stranded on an island! Itʻs not exactly deserted, but the NE part is desert
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:01 AM   #6
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Arvo Part's instrumental music (not so keen on his choral stuff); and from his 'tintinnabulation' works ('Fratres', 'Spiegel Im Spiegel' etc.).

It's like having my brain scooped out and placed in the most luxurious, relaxing herbal bath I can imagine - bliss to keep me sane.

Last edited by Sparrow; 08-31-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:38 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Wagner. Preferably his complete works, but the "Ring" will do at a stretch.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:39 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I donʻt have any sort of mp3 player/IPOD, and I have never followed the "what are you listening to" thread, because Iʻd just have to say "my kids, the voices in my head, or whateverʻs on the TV in the background, etc." I do whistle to myself a lot and sing my own made up songs, so I think I can entertain myself just fine.
I bought my MP3 player so I could play my audible books...

And don't ever ask me what singer/song it is I'm listening to, I probably won't know. But I do love Enigma, Enya and Era.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 AM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I bought my MP3 player so I could play my audible books...

And don't ever ask me what singer/song it is I'm listening to, I probably won't know. But I do love Enigma, Enya and Era.
I do love Enya- great background music! I am not familiar with Enigma or Era (but I love that they all start with E!) When I finally jumped on the CD bandwagon and stopped with the cassette tapes (mostly because you could barely find anything that played them anymore!) I did purchase an Enya cd or two.

I never know the song titles or artists either. Music, to me, is total background. In a lot of cases, I prefer listening to talk radio or a tv in the background, depending on what I'm doing.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sweetpea, you can't leave out Loreena McKennitt.

GraceKrispy, the below are for you.

Era

Enigma

As for my choices... well, noticing what the choices have been so far, most of you would vote to send me and my music to the other side of the island or set me on a piece of wood and push me out to sea.

signed...
Child of the sixties and seventies.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Sweetpea, you can't leave out Loreena McKennitt.
Definitly not... I would be happy as a clam on a desert island as long as I had Loreena's discography on my mp3-player.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:15 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Hm, I listened to that youtube from Loreena McKennitt. Love it!

Now I need to find somewhere to buy it...
Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Moody Blues at loud volume,

or if that is not allowed, anything by Medwyn Goodall - goes well when heard through the skull.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
What music must you have with you if you were to be stranded on a desert island?

Complete Queen

Rick Astley

Bruce Springsteen and the E-street band. (Only the early versions!)

Glenn Miller

Chicago 17

Music of George and Ira Gershwin (especially "Rhapsody in Blue" performed by Oscar Levant)

Laura Branigan

And, of course............

ABBA!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd have to go with Abba. It would encourage me to swim for it. And if I drowned, I wouldn't mind so much.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 09-01-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote