Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Can MobileRead make LIT an uploaded format

MobileRead does not seem to recognize LIT as a valid upload file format. So every time I upload a LIT file I have to zip it up. It would be nice if a this fine eBook site recognize a large set of eBook formats

Thank you,
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:08 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Added.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you
=X=
Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Is there a demand for .lit books?

If there is, then I could certainly add some.
But I just wasn't aware of people wanting them.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Patricia; I have to wonder if it isn't a case of, "If you build .lit, they will come"... Like debates over .epub, it may attract more users to MR that are googling for .lit books.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I'll make a few tomorrow and see how many actually get downloaded.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:19 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not aware of any device which can read LIT books which cannot also read other formats such as MobiPocket.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
Patricia
Reader

Well I've uploaded a few as a trial.

One added feature of Lit books is that MS Reader allows them to be read to you by a mechanical voice.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Is there a demand for .lit books?

If there is, then I could certainly add some.
But I just wasn't aware of people wanting them.
Hi patricia,
I personally prefer LIT over the other formats provided here. The reason is for two reasons.
- I actually use MSReader's built in text-to-speech. While I do prefer to read it's great alternative to be able to listen to a book when I have idle time and cannot read such as when I'm commuting to work or working out.

- I have several eReading devices that all require different formats. Instead of having three copies I've standardized on LIT and convert on demand. Most tool conversions do a great job in porting to the target platform.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 01-18-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: corrected grammer
Old 01-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Patricia; I have to wonder if it isn't a case of, "If you build .lit, they will come"... Like debates over .epub, it may attract more users to MR that are googling for .lit books.

-MJ
I do agree I've seen instances of folks who read LIT on their computer. Also many folks here on this site have standardized on LIT files and have all the tools to convert to their targeted format.

Quote:
Well I've uploaded a few as a trial.

One added feature of Lit books is that MS Reader allows them to be read to you by a mechanical voice.
The LIT looks great. I was not aware that BD made LIT files you learn something new every day.

Oh not a big deal but the link that jumps the reader to the TOC is greyed out. I'm not sure if there is a setting in BD to enable the TOC link but that would be nice.

=X=
Old 01-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
IOh not a big deal but the link that jumps the reader to the TOC is greyed out. I'm not sure if there is a setting in BD to enable the TOC link but that would be nice.

=X=
I've looked, and you're right. Oddly, if you click on an item on the TOC, it jumps to the right chapter.
Does anyone know how (or whether) I can get the TOC not to appear greyed out?

If there's anything on my backlist of uploaded titles that people want in LIT format then i'm willing to have a go with it.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
I've looked, and you're right. Oddly, if you click on an item on the TOC, it jumps to the right chapter.
Does anyone know how (or whether) I can get the TOC not to appear grayed out?
The LIT creation tool usually has to handles this. I don't know if there is a way to do this in BD, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Quote:
If there's anything on my backlist of uploaded titles that people want in LIT format then i'm willing to have a go with it.
Thank you, you know you just opened Pandora's box. While every contributor does a fantastic job, I tend to enjoy reading Greek philosophy, mysticism, and sacred text, a market you have corned.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:17 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Thank you, you know you just opened Pandora's box. While every contributor does a fantastic job, I tend to enjoy reading Greek philosophy, mysticism, and sacred text, a market you have corned.
Ahem! See my "Complete works of Plato"...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #14
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ahem! See my "Complete works of Plato"...
Yes, sorry for the omission, I do recall giving you karma recently for that work too.

okay Harry I'll include you in my list of favorite contributors.

=X=
Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes, you very kindly did give me karma, for which many thanks. I was just kidding you - Patricia has certainly done far more in this area than I have!