Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
littleal
littleal began at the beginning.

Device: Hindle DX and Entiurage edge
entourage edge power adapter

I have, for some reasom, lost my entourage edge power adapter.
Can anyone rell me if the adapter for the pocket edge is the same as I cannot find an adapter for the edge for sale but plenty for the pocket edge.
littleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
There is an entourage section in the Android section, I'm sure someone there would know.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This is a General Discussion thread.

Please post to the correct forum.

Your thread has been moved to an appropriate forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
The EE and PE adapters are not the same, but I am able to use my PE adapter to charge my EE. It probably charges it more slowly, but I haven't noticed since I usually charge it overnight.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleal View Post
I have, for some reasom, lost my entourage edge power adapter.
Can anyone rell me if the adapter for the pocket edge is the same as I cannot find an adapter for the edge for sale but plenty for the pocket edge.
As far as I know they are not the same but the PE will charge the EE but will take longer to do so.

All you need to do is get a charger with a 12v 2.5A DC output that has the same plug.

I have a 'universal' charger, i.e. it has a number of interchangeable plugs, that I use to power an external hard drive and power my EE when necessary using a splitter cable.

There are a couple of threads in this forum about using different chargers and replacement chargers all you need to do is search.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm using my PE charger on the EE I just bought, but it charges it a bit slow and it cannot keep up with the power drain while it is on and being used. The PE charger is 12v/1a and the EE calls for 12v/2.5a. So, it will work, you just have to leave it hibernated or off to charge up properly. I'm gotta get a proper one for mine at some point soon.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
eBay regularly has PE and EE power supplies for sale.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
JTY
JTY began at the beginning.

Device: Entourge Pocket Edge
EE takes ~1.5A when screen is off and ~1.9A when screen is on.
This is when battery is 10-70%, after that it drops slowly to ~1A when off, when fully charged it takes ~0.4-0.6A
JTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
autoharp15
autoharp15 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Is there a repair manual for the pocket edge. My grandson has broken off the prong for the AD DC adapter for the charger on the edge. Can it be replaced or is this thing just trash now?
autoharp15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
No repair manual there is a thread here explaining how another member was able make a similiar, if not same, type repair.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoharp15 View Post
Is there a repair manual for the pocket edge. My grandson has broken off the prong for the AD DC adapter for the charger on the edge. Can it be replaced or is this thing just trash now?
As Gunner says there are no repair manuals for the Edges available (we've looked).

There are various threads here that will give a general idea on that to do with repairs and most people have been successful with what they did.

As an aside, I would ask anybody that has taken their device apart and has good, well focused pictures, of the insides to PM me. The reason, I am trying to put together a couple of e-books on servicing both the EE and PE. I don't have a PE and can't afford to take apart my EE because it is in constant use and a replacement is very hard to find here in Europe, otherwise I would have had the EE book ready by now.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Here's one of the threads that might help, if your broken part is what I think it is: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146609

I hope you can fix it!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
jnedge
jnedge began at the beginning.

Device: Lots of EE's - Ice, Midnight, Red 6 PE's - Black, Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
As Gunner says there are no repair manuals for the Edges available (we've looked).

There are various threads here that will give a general idea on that to do with repairs and most people have been successful with what they did.

As an aside, I would ask anybody that has taken their device apart and has good, well focused pictures, of the insides to PM me. The reason, I am trying to put together a couple of e-books on servicing both the EE and PE. I don't have a PE and can't afford to take apart my EE because it is in constant use and a replacement is very hard to find here in Europe, otherwise I would have had the EE book ready by now.
I have a couple of white screened PE's I picked up for the batteries. After I get the EE disassembled, I can take a crack at the PE's.
jnedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #14
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnedge View Post
I have a couple of white screened PE's I picked up for the batteries. After I get the EE disassembled, I can take a crack at the PE's.
Thank you, it will help especially if you can get clear pictures then my parts guy will have a better chance of finding where to get replacement parts.