Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Strap On Kindle !

i checked my kindle and it is smooth with no texture on the back.this means kindle can slip from my sweaty or wet hand or people with butter fingers or arthritic weak hands or amputees with only one hand...

in fact due to the weight it is a constant danger and the DELICATE screen could get damaged easily.

i wish they had made it more textured and rubbery/grippy.

hey!

i just had another idea while i was writing this.

this could help disabled people as well.people with amputated limbs too.

remember handycams with that strap thru which you slip your hand thru and allows you one handed operation?

do you know what i mean?

we could drill 2 small holes in the back of the kindle one at the top ,one at the bottom and screw small screws through a leathery or rubbery belt or strap with a bit of superglue for extra strength.

you could use a leather strap or cut a thin leather trouser belt for this strap.

this mean one simply slips their hand through the back strap attached to the kindles back and one can us it with one hand as it will stay firmly fixed to your hand with your hand through the strap attached to the kindles back allowing one handed operation.

do you get what i mean?i wish i could draw a picture for you.

This could be the worlds first strap on kindle!

vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thumbs down

Dude, you really need to spend more time reading and less time dreaming up stupid ideas, and even less time sharing those stupid ideas with us. If you want a Kindle buy one and might I suggest you use it for the purpose it was designed--READING! The Kindle is not a Swiss Army Knife with an eInk screen. Reading on your Kindle, what a novel idea (pun intended).
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Maybe those faced with such problems could persuade their partner to wear a 'beverage hat', with the Kindle strapped to the front of it:

Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
flandroid
Connoisseur
flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2/3/4/PW3
An easier solution would be to super-glue the Kindle to the palm of your hand. Heck, glue one to each hand and you can walk around saying 'bzzp whirr I am a cyborg beep.'

Although you would lose the ability to type, I think we might be able to find a few people willing to mail you some super glue for free should you decide to do this.
flandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
dougmwpsu
Enthusiast
dougmwpsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Vugtitan troll is Vugtitan.
dougmwpsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
parafluie
Enthusiast
parafluie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3,
Great idea Vug. There should be a strap on the back of the Kindle. That would prevent cramping when reading a lot.
parafluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by parafluie View Post
Great idea Vug. There should be a strap on the back of the Kindle. That would prevent cramping when reading a lot.
If the Kindle is in the case, when folded back, you can insert your hand between the covers and use it that way.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
parafluie
Enthusiast
parafluie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3,
hotgrannie, what kind of case? I did see some that had one down the spine. Do you know of any that are less bulky and have a strap in the back?

thanks!
parafluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
i have an idea that somebody could market this as a do-it-yourself kit with 2 screws, and deluxe soft leather strap.

a small hole maker screwdriver or better still no holes drilled at all OR use the speaker grill holes!

screw the small screws into the speaker holes at the back of the kindle carefully and super glue the other end.

THERE IS PLENTY OF SPACE BEHIND THE SPEAKER HOLES.I CHECKED WITH A TORCH.

A Y shaped strap screwed at the top ends of the Y and glued at the bottom end of the Y.

this will prevent cramp and secure the safety of the kindle.

if anyone takes up this idea please give me at 30% of your profits as it is my idea.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
hotgrannie, what kind of case? I did see some that had one down the spine. Do you know of any that are less bulky and have a strap in the back?

thanks!
No. no-no.

thats DESERTgrandma.

Any case is going to have a front and back, right? So how could one with a handle be less bulky than the original.

I don't find it bulky at all, and the built in light is just icing on the cake.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Dude, you really need to spend more time reading and less time dreaming up stupid ideas, and even less time sharing those stupid ideas with us. If you want a Kindle buy one and might I suggest you use it for the purpose it was designed--READING! The Kindle is not a Swiss Army Knife with an eInk screen. Reading on your Kindle, what a novel idea (pun intended).

Dude, I suggest the same advice to you. Spend more time reading on your device and less time posting on this site.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
i have an idea that somebody could market this as a do-it-yourself kit with 2 screws, and deluxe soft leather strap.

a small hole maker screwdriver or better still no holes drilled at all OR use the speaker grill holes!

screw the small screws into the speaker holes at the back of the kindle carefully and super glue the other end.

THERE IS PLENTY OF SPACE BEHIND THE SPEAKER HOLES.I CHECKED WITH A TORCH.

A Y shaped strap screwed at the top ends of the Y and glued at the bottom end of the Y.

this will prevent cramp and secure the safety of the kindle.
Attaching a hand strap with tiny screws into the speaker grille is a horrible idea and it won't be secure at all. The Kindle back plastic is soft and the screws will rip out the first time you use this hand strap. Pulling out the screws will mean the Kindle plastic will be damaged.

Your Kindle warranty will be void because of these changes. The sound quality of the speakers will be greatly affected by having a hand strap covering the speaker grilles.

If you really want a hand strap then find a case with one or modify a case to have one. I don't see anybody buying a kit which would require you to void the warranty, glue directly to the Kindle and screw directly into the back.

The Kindle isn't designed for one handed operation anyway. You might be able to get a position where you can click the prev/next buttons but you've got no way to use the keyboard or 5 way pad.

Last edited by Tiersten; 09-24-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

You take him seriously?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #15
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

You take him seriously?
Not particularly but at least this idea is sane unlike some of the others. Gotta encourage more sanity!
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amputee, rubbery, sexy, slippery, strap, stupid ideas