Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
armkbdotcom
armkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
Prevent Calibre to paragraph each line

Hi,

Not sure if this is already discussed, apologise if it is.
I'm trying to convert PDF to EPUB and each line in PDF converted to paragraph in EPUB.

Any way to prevent it?
armkbdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Under the PDF preferences in Calibre, there is a Line Unwrapping Factor you can play with.

If that doesn't work for you, you might try the PDFReflow utility described in the PDF forum. It works with text based PDFs, and it works with text only documents with relatively simple formatting, which covers most fiction.

If neither of these solutions work, Adobe Acrobat is a good solution, but it is not free.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
armkbdotcom
armkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enougharmkbdotcom will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranananda View Post
Under the PDF preferences in Calibre, there is a Line Unwrapping Factor you can play with.

If that doesn't work for you, you might try the PDFReflow utility described in the PDF forum. It works with text based PDFs, and it works with text only documents with relatively simple formatting, which covers most fiction.

If neither of these solutions work, Adobe Acrobat is a good solution, but it is not free.
Well I do have purchased copy of Acrobat, could you tell me the steps I can perform to solve it?

Meanwhile I will try the other recommendations.

Thx
armkbdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by armkbdotcom View Post
Well I do have purchased copy of Acrobat, could you tell me the steps I can perform to solve it?

Meanwhile I will try the other recommendations.

Thx
If you have a purchased copy of Acrobat then just export your PDF as html then add it to calibre for conversion to ePub.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote