Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Smile WHSmiths (UK) eBook half price sale

All eBooks on WH Smiths eBook site are apparently half price until at least 3pm GMT on the 13th January, link here
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
It would be nice if they'd let me buy the books I want to buy. But since I live in the US, I can't, so this does me no good.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I got their promotional email too, but I can't access anything beyond the front page. I get a "system error" message. Is all of UK trying to buy simultaneously?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I got their promotional email too, but I can't access anything beyond the front page. I get a "system error" message. Is all of UK trying to buy simultaneously?
It did work, honest! But yeah, it's down for me too now, once it's back, I think I may end up going on a spending spree, so much for will power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
It would be nice if they'd let me buy the books I want to buy. But since I live in the US, I can't, so this does me no good.
Well, makes a change from all these US only offers that're useless to me
Old 01-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
It did work, honest! But yeah, it's down for me too now, once it's back, I think I may end up going on a spending spree, so much for will power!
That's exactly what I was intending to do (and a thousand others probably), if only the site would let me!

It is working now, but slowwwwwwlyyyy.
[edit]: No, down again. I may have to try after midnight... The things we do for cheaper ebooks....

Last edited by omk3; 01-12-2010 at 10:48 AM.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Good news as I'm sure the LOTR trilogy was £13.99 when I looked a few days ago, now it's just over £9 so I shall definitely be getting that one later.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Nice work if you can get it. I can't. Shite!
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Curse you for making me spend money <shakes fist>.

Hooray for reasonable UK prices if just briefly.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
simond
Fanatic

Also bear in mind you can pre-order the rest of the Wheel of Time eBooks on there...
Old 01-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
Flashingblade
Enthusiast
Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
I just came on to post this but you beat me to it

Shame I got a load of gift cards for Waterstones & not WH Smith for Crimbo. Will still check it out though.
Flashingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Their backend appears to be down.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Oh dear, this offer is so good that its crashed the site! I get the system error message as well
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Their backend appears to be down.
That can happen as you get older

Seriously though - it appears to be working OK now for me.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
John Bailey
Connoisseur
John Bailey doesn't litterJohn Bailey doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
If it's any consolation, we have the same problem with American stores.
John Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
spideog
Connoisseur
spideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-300
I'm being prevented from giving them my money now due to geographic restrictions. What kind of publishing restrictions are there between the UK and Ireland that they have reason to be doing that to me?
spideog is offline   Reply With Quote