Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 08-31-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Fix your own Palm or Pocket PC device

Have you got a pda that needs to be fixed? Maybe it needs a new screen? More memory? Bet you didn't know you could fix it yourself. If you're feeling adventurous, an excellent source of fix-it kits is available at pocketpctechs.

Personally, I'll tinker with computers and pdas with little fear. But I tend to shy away from working on cars and houses. Ever since I changed the starter switch in an old Dodge station wagon and set it on fire, I've realized that do it yourself projects can be very expensive!

(Via PocketPC Magazine)
Old 09-01-2005, 02:01 AM   #2
monkpalmer
monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.monkpalmer can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Tungsten TC
I'm proud of myself because I lately gave my aging Palm TC a new battery, following the instructions on http://www.gethightech.com. I had a moment of panic when I had the motherboard off and was putting in the battery, and smoke started coming from somewhere, and and a strong burning smell, but reassembled it not only worked but the battery was like new. (Which it should have been, because it was new.) Still, I was a tad disappointed. This means I won't be able to buy a new gadget for some time now.
Advert