Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-22-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
eBookwise 1150 hands-on review

Brad has one of the first hands-on reviews of the rebranded eBookwise 1150 hardware e-book reader. Nice job, Brad!

From his MR forum comment:

At first I was kind of disappointed with the low res, half VGA screen, but that quickly changed when I started to read. My reading speed went way up because of the larger screen. I could sort of scan ahead. Also even though it is lower res, I find the 1150's serif font easier to read than the default sans-serif font on my PDA.

I've always maintained that the relatively small screen size of today's PDAs is one of their biggest drawbacks - at least when it comes to reading e-books. The eBookwise's huge paperback screen size outshines conventional PDA screens. The low price ($99) plus the big screen make the eBookwise an interesting alternative to PDAs if you are looking for a dedicated e-book device.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote