Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
A Note to Myself: OVERLOAD

So many free eBooks (I didn't say TOO many). Plus all the new and delightful eBooks I buy. Plus all the used (mid-century) pbooks I'm still buying, Plus my culled out pbook library where I'm now finding old friends or books I never read.

I am not a disciplined reader; I've never been a disciplined reader--so I have too many books going at the same time, Also I'm trying to keep my Sony Reader 'properly' organized, but failing.

I have a headache.

This is not a complaint. I'm thinking: How can Life be so Good to Me!
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
tell me about it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
you have two eyes, two sides to your brain, and a hand to hold a device in each - that'll clear your back-log in half the time...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
me too
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, you could quit your job. I mean, really, all it does is aggravate you and cut into your reading time by about three hours a day...

Wait a minute, that's MY job.

Never mind.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, you could quit your job. I mean, really, all it does is aggravate you and cut into your reading time by about three hours a day...

Wait a minute, that's MY job.

Never mind.
flitting aimless about, I see....
Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, you could quit your job....
It doesn't work that way...well, at least it hasn't worked out that way for me. Retirement just gives me time to sit at my laptop clicking "All New Posts" on MR and complain about how many books I've got in my TBR pile/list.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #8
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It doesn't work that way...well, at least it hasn't worked out that way for me. Retirement just gives me time to sit at my laptop clicking "All New Posts" on MR and complain about how many books I've got in my TBR pile/list.

Cheers,
Marc
And?
So?
What else would you be doing?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
And?
So?
What else would you be doing?
I have a party to did organise. If I didn't get everything ready when time for last week fortnight, it's possible that I won't be late enough for everyone on time to have left in time to get there by the time the canapés was ready. Got it? Good.

Cheers,
Marc (my TBR pile crosses several dimensions along one beautiful, handcrafted dining table that is infinite and thus not-quite-finished...and that's just for Proust...)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
And the shame of it is that, when I do get the will power to put the books down, I boot up my laptop and wander mindlessly through MobileRead. Where I typically download another book and it's back to reading.

I'd consider rehab but it'd probably be filled you lot and we'd start talking about what we've just read and it'd go downhill from there.

Love it!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #11
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I have a party to did organise. If I didn't get everything ready when time for last week fortnight, it's possible that I won't be late enough for everyone on time to have left in time to get there by the time the canapés was ready. Got it? Good.

Cheers,
Marc (my TBR pile crosses several dimensions along one beautiful, handcrafted dining table that is infinite and thus not-quite-finished...and that's just for Proust...)

I could not put it succinctly myself more so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
And the shame of it is that, when I do get the will power to put the books down, I boot up my laptop and wander mindlessly through MobileRead. Where I typically download another book and it's back to reading.

I'd consider rehab but it'd probably be filled you lot and we'd start talking about what we've just read and it'd go downhill from there.

Love it!
In case you hadn't noticed, talking about books in the Lounge is an activity that is often far from our little minds...

Tags
clouds of enlightenment