Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #76
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You shouldn't use QFileDialog directly at all. Instead use the more convenient calibre provided functions

from calibre.gui2 import choose_dir, choose_files, choose_save_file, choose_images

and so on. These have the added advantage that they save the last used directory automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #77
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Well sure. That's one way to go, too.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2014, 03:03 AM   #78
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
I downloaded the beta version, and it shows up as Version 1.14. Is that correct?
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:15 AM   #79
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No the current beta version is 1.201.2. What OS are you on?
Old 07-13-2014, 05:25 AM   #80
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No the current beta version is 1.201.2. What OS are you on?
Fedora Linux, 64bit
Advert
Old 07-13-2014, 05:52 AM   #81
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

How are you installing the beta? If you want to overwrite your normal calibre install, follow the instructions for downloading the tarball manually here: http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

If you want to install it alongside your normal calibre install, simply untar it in some directory and then run the calibre executable found in that directory.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #82
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since the QString method isEmpty() is gone in PyQt5, what would be the equivalent of:
Code:
if QLineEdit.text().isEmpty();
That will work in 4 and 5?

Is it as simple as:
Code:
if not unicode(QLineEdit.text()):
?

Or even
Code:
if not QLineEdit.text():
or
Code:
if not len(QLineEdit.text()):

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-13-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #83
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

if not unicode(QLineEdit.text())
Old 07-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #84
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks.

On the beta-testing side of things, I'm having trouble getting either 1.200 or 1.201 (64-bit) working in Mint 15 (works fine on my Mint 16 machine). I'm just running it from the untarred folder--not installing.

The weird bit is: I can perform the initial setup just fine, and when done, can use it as long I keep it open/running. I can add books, view books, and just about anything else I can think of. But when I close it for the first time, I get a segfault. I then get a segfault when trying to run it from there on out. If I delete the .config folder, I can of course, start all over.

gdb tells me it's something to do with one of the qt platform plugins: libqxcb.so
Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007fffe2e8bdf0 in ?? ()
   from /home/d*****/Downloads/calibre-1.201/lib/qt_plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so
Old 07-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #85
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm I'd expect Qt 5 to have issues on older distros, but I'd still like to track it down and fix it, if possible. I've uploaded a 64-bit build without the symbols stripped which should get us a better backtrace from gdb.

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/be...1.2-x86_64.txz
Old 07-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #86
samy2
Ebook-Fan

Thank you. It was my fault. The beta version works pretty well under Fedora 20, 64 bit. All plugins I use are allready ported and are working well. Great.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #87
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm I'd expect Qt 5 to have issues on older distros, but I'd still like to track it down and fix it, if possible. I've uploaded a 64-bit build without the symbols stripped which should get us a better backtrace from gdb.

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/be...1.2-x86_64.txz
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm getting permission errors when trying to run this version the same way I do the others (normally or with gdb). There's only object code in the bin directory where before there were binaries.
Code:
Failed to execute binary: /home/d*****/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/bin/calibre with error: Permission denied
I'm running the calibre executable from the root of the untarred folder. Should I be doing something different or is there something wrong with the package?

My gdb-foo is fledgling.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #88
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

EDIT: never mind, there was a small bug in the build process for unstripped files, I have fixed it an re-uploaded the tarball.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-13-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #89
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@DiapDealer: I installed Mint 15 in a virtual machine and tried the beta, apart from a few warnings about OpenGL not working (the VM does not have 3D acceleration) I had no problems. I could start calibre multiple times. This was a fresh install of the Cinammon version of Mint 15.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #90
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Mine is the Xfce edition of Mint 15 (a virtualbox VM). Perhaps that's the difference. It's not that big of a deal for me, I can always install a different virtual machine for testing. Maybe Xfce is "too" minimal (although I have built some Qt5 and PyQt5 apps on that VM in the past)?

Anyway ... here's gdb's info about the segfault when calibre closes (after the successful initial setup):
Code:
[Switching to Thread 0x7fffd9044700 (LWP 2395)]
0x00007ffff7210f94 in pthread_mutex_lock ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
And the backtrace:
Spoiler:
Code:
#0  0x00007ffff7210f94 in pthread_mutex_lock ()
#1  0x00007fffda02a0b0 in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/vboxvideo_dri.so
#2  0x00007fffda06075c in ?? ()
#3  0x00007fffda06ca0d in ?? ()
#4  0x00007ffff720ef8e in start_thread ()
#5  0x00007ffff7902e1d in clone () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

Then the subsequent segfault when trying to start:
Code:
0x00007fffe2e8bdf0 in ?? ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/qt_plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so
And the backtrace:
Spoiler:
Code:
#0  0x00007fffe2e8bdf0 in ?? ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/qt_plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so
#1  0x00007fffe2e8bf92 in ?? ()
#2  0x00007fffe2e41fb5 in ?? ()
#3  0x00007fffe2e34e19 in ?? ()
#4  0x00007fffee2476d3 in QWindow::create() ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/libQt5Gui.so.5
#5  0x00007fffe53b3b4c in QWidgetPrivate::create_sys(unsigned long long, bool, bool) () from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5
#6  0x00007fffe5398a50 in QWidget::create(unsigned long long, bool, bool) ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5
#7  0x00007fffe539b44a in QWidget::setVisible(bool) ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5
#8  0x00007fffe5d80ffc in sipQSplashScreen::setVisible(bool) ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt5/QtWidgets.so
#9  0x00007fffe5bd341c in meth_QWidget_show ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt5/QtWidgets.so
#10 0x00007ffff751bf32 in call_function (oparg=<optimized out>, 
    pp_stack=0x7fffffffc870) at Python/ceval.c:4033
#11 PyEval_EvalFrameEx (f=<optimized out>, throwflag=throwflag@entry=0)
    at Python/ceval.c:2679
#12 0x00007ffff751c229 in fast_function (nk=<optimized out>, 
    na=<optimized out>, n=1, pp_stack=0x7fffffffcab0, func=0x7fffe3581b18)
    at Python/ceval.c:4119
#13 call_function (oparg=<optimized out>, pp_stack=0x7fffffffcab0)
    at Python/ceval.c:4054
#14 PyEval_EvalFrameEx (f=f@entry=0x7fffe39a03e0, throwflag=throwflag@entry=0)
    at Python/ceval.c:2679
#15 0x00007ffff751cd80 in PyEval_EvalCodeEx (co=<optimized out>, 
    globals=<optimized out>, locals=locals@entry=0x0, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fffe3996768, argcount=1, kws=kws@entry=0x0, 
    kwcount=kwcount@entry=0, defs=defs@entry=0x0, defcount=defcount@entry=0, 
    closure=0x0) at Python/ceval.c:3265
#16 0x00007ffff749ec06 in function_call (func=0x7fffe3581b90, 
    arg=0x7fffe3996750, kw=0x0) at Objects/funcobject.c:526
#17 0x00007ffff747363e in PyObject_Call (func=func@entry=0x7fffe3581b90, 
    arg=arg@entry=0x7fffe3996750, kw=kw@entry=0x0) at Objects/abstract.c:2529
#18 0x00007ffff7481bc0 in instancemethod_call (func=0x7fffe3581b90, 
    arg=0x7fffe3996750, kw=0x0) at Objects/classobject.c:2602
#19 0x00007ffff747363e in PyObject_Call (func=func@entry=0x7ffff0bffe60, 
    arg=arg@entry=0x7ffff7f9e050, kw=<optimized out>)
    at Objects/abstract.c:2529
#20 0x00007ffff7515e77 in PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords (func=0x7ffff0bffe60, 
    arg=0x7ffff7f9e050, kw=<optimized out>) at Python/ceval.c:3902
#21 0x00007ffff02c6045 in PyQtSlot::call(_object*, _object*) const ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so
#22 0x00007ffff02c63d0 in PyQtSlot::invoke(void**, _object*, void*, bool) const
    ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so
#23 0x00007ffff02c0a8b in PyQtSlotProxy::unislot(void**) ()
#24 0x00007ffff02c0b5b in PyQtSlotProxy::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) ()
#25 0x00007fffefcdb90f in QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**) ()
   from /home/d******/Downloads/calibre-1.201.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5

Let me know it you want anything looked into further.