Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Dr. Who

New Doctor (12):

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Ya know, back when I was in my peak Doctor Who viewing years, nothing would empty a room of anyone with two X chromosomes faster than the mention of Doctor Who.

When did all of this change?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool two X chromosomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Ya know, back when I was in my peak Doctor Who viewing years, nothing would empty a room of anyone with two X chromosomes faster than the mention of Doctor Who.

When did all of this change?
Which of the below Doctors were featured in the episodes to which you're referring?

Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 AM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My peak years started with Tom Baker in '79 or '80 -- I was single and first discovered the effect Doctor Who had on "potential" dates.

This effect ran through the years in which my local PBS affiliate, the long lost New Jersey Network, did a retrospective of all still-available episodes Doctor Who number 1, 2, and 3. And lasted through Doctor Number 7, Sylvester McCoy (my personal favorite Doctor) -- by which time I was married and my wife would either leave the room or refuse to relinquish the remote.

My daughter "discovered" Doctor Who during David Tennant's tenure, by which time it was suddenly "cool" and my wife would make popcorn for them while it was on. (I was welcome to stay in the television room if I remained quiet.)

Last edited by cromag; 02-25-2014 at 01:50 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:45 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I started in the TOm Baker years. many a Sunday morning my folks thought I Was at SUnday School and the only worshipping I was doing was of the Who universe.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Forget Dr. Who. Who is the hot chick?
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
"Amy Pond" she is no more on the series
Old 02-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
"Amy Pond" she is no more on the series
Yeah, this is the new female sidekick, Clara Oswald;

Click image for larger version

Name:	jenna-louise_coleman_bw_0.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	119675

Click image for larger version

Name:	936full-jenna-coleman.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	119677

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 02-27-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Yeah, this is the new female sidekick, Clara Oswald;

Attachment 119675

Attachment 119677
I thought she was basically in and out? coming back huh?
Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I thought she was basically in and out? coming back huh?
So I believe, yes.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

she was the dalek right?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #12
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
she was the dalek right?
Yes. That was how she appeared the first time we saw her; as a dalek.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Hello Sweetie!

Don't forget Doctor River Song!

Old 02-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Don't forget Doctor River Song!

Oh no, I won't. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #15
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Yes. That was how she appeared the first time we saw her; as a dalek.
In what I think is my favourite episode.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote