Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #31
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This was discussed recently in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220699. That has mixed results reported. Later I tried about three hours. I think it worked, but I wasn't paying attention to exactly when it powered off.
Thanks David! Sorry I missed that.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #32
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Anybody know what the maximum value is for

[PowerOptions]
AutoOffMinutes=60

I've tried 1440 (24 hours), but it changes back to 60. I've just tried 900 (15 hours), and the UI changed back to 15 mins (weird), but so far, my Glo has only gone to sleep after 15 mins, not off. So it MIGHT be working, I don't know.

I'm extra uncertain because, when I set page refresh to 20 (see below), the UI says "OH THE HUMANITY!" instead of going back to 6, and it does actually only page refresh every 20 pages.

[Reading]
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=20

AutoOffMinutes=900 (15h) seems to work!
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #33
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Full Book Page Number Issue

So I've added the FullBookPageNumber to the Feature Settings for my Kobo Aura HD, and while it works perfectly (in terms of displaying page x of xxx for the entire book instead of page x of xx for the current chapter), it seems the page number update freezes my Aura HD when the book is first opened, or when I open a different book and then go back to the original book I was reading.

Is this a known or common problem with this feature? I really like the feature, but the freezing issue that comes with it, not so much!

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
So I've added the FullBookPageNumber to the Feature Settings for my Kobo Aura HD, and while it works perfectly (in terms of displaying page x of xxx for the entire book instead of page x of xx for the current chapter), it seems the page number update freezes my Aura HD when the book is first opened, or when I open a different book and then go back to the original book I was reading.

Is this a known or common problem with this feature? I really like the feature, but the freezing issue that comes with it, not so much!

I have been using this feature for several weeks now, and never had a freezing problem. However, I have a Mini, not an Aura HD. I am still on firmware 2.6.1.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

I haven't noticed any freezing issues on my Aura HD when using the full book page number setting.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #36
Mrs_Often
Wizard

I haven't seen any freezing either, but, I use a Glo, and, I'm not reading more than one book at a time at the moment. Are you, David? If not, it might be related to switching books? If I had to count all the pages all the time and tell the person reading how many pages I've counted I'd get confused as well if the reader kept switching books and making me count over and over again
Old 09-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I haven't seen any freezing either, but, I use a Glo, and, I'm not reading more than one book at a time at the moment. Are you, David? If not, it might be related to switching books? If I had to count all the pages all the time and tell the person reading how many pages I've counted I'd get confused as well if the reader kept switching books and making me count over and over again
At this time, I have 4 books open, 2 kepub, 2 epub. I often switch between books. I rarely have fewer than two books open at time.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #38
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Should have mentioned I'm on FW 2.8.1, and all files are kepubs.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

That sounds like a known problem with kepubs that have embedded fonts. Pressing somewhere on the screen to bring the menu bars up and then dismissing them should display the text. If you select a font other than "Document default" is should prevent it from happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #40
n3xtITA
n3xtITA began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
BookSpecificStats=true
Enables more stats when pressing the % read in the lower left corner.

does not change anything. there are always the same statistics. someone does it work?
n3xtITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3xtITA View Post
BookSpecificStats=true
Enables more stats when pressing the % read in the lower left corner.

does not change anything. there are always the same statistics. someone does it work?
It adds a "Reading Stats" option to the menu for a book in the library list. When selected, it opens the reading stats page and shows the stats for the selected book.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #42
gontofe
Enthusiast
gontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to beholdgontofe is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
I couldn't get

Thesaurus=true

to work. It brings up Thesaurus in the dictionary list, but when I try to look up a word, I just get a blank dictionary window.
gontofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I think the thesaurus this does an on-line look up. Are you connected to a WiFi network?
Old 09-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #44
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That sounds like a known problem with kepubs that have embedded fonts. Pressing somewhere on the screen to bring the menu bars up and then dismissing them should display the text. If you select a font other than "Document default" is should prevent it from happening.
Pressing to bring up the menu does the trick, but the font trick you mention has no effect on my Aura HD.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Does anyone know what the following does, and with value has to be put there ?
[ApplicationPreferences]
• ClockDisplayDuration

Does it shows a clock on the bottom of the screen ?
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nickel, wikipedia