Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
vadimkolchev
vadimkolchev began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Amazon kindle 4 revert to stock

Hi all, i just joined, mainly to ask one question.
Two days ago I bought my first reader - Kindle 4 (non-touch) with special offers. I bought it not from Amazon, in russian speaking country. So, as it turned out, my new Kindle was jailbroken and localized (russian language in menu added). I've googled a lot how to revert things back but I didn't seem to find any guide on how to reflash stock firmware on my kindle (i.e. remove jailbreak and localization). Restore to factory defaults didn't help (still got option to choose russian language upon start) - this seems to mess only with user space and preferences, and that's all. Tried to download 4.1.0 update manually and apply it, but the book already has the same firmware, so the option is greyed-out. I would appreciate a lot if you could point me to guide (with needed files and tools for flashing). If I can do it in linux - it's better, because I haven't got windows machine at home. Hope for your kind answers and thanks for attention.
vadimkolchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
here
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert