Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Pop Edit Metadata for New Book Created in Plugin?

I could use some advice.

I'm working on a plugin to merge epubs from existing books into a new epub in a new book. At the end, I'd like the plugin to automatically pop the 'Edit Metadata' dialog for the newly created book.

Near as I can tell, I have to get the new book selected in the main book list, then invoke edit_metadata on the metadata action. But I've had no luck figuring out how to select a row from the book_id.
Code:
book_id = db.create_book_entry(mi,add_duplicates=True)
# ...
self.gui.library_view.model().books_added(1)

self.gui.library_view.selectionModel().clearSelection()                
self.gui.library_view.selectionModel().select(???)

self.gui.iactions['Edit Metadata'].edit_metadata(False)
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the select_rows() method. self.library_view.select_rows(ids). See the definition for select_rows() for more info in library/views.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #3
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Perfect. Thanks, Kovid.

Jim
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote