Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #121
tstngry
tstngry began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g
Before I ask my question I would like it to be known I worked very hard on this problem, searched the board, and google, and was still unable to resolve my issue.

I have a Kindle Keyboard 3g with the following installed and working:
jailbreak: kindle-jailbreak-0.10.N.zip
screensaver hack: kindle-ss-0.25.N.zip
usbnetwork: kindle-usbnetwork-0.35.N.zip
launchpad: lpad-pkg-001c.zip

I attempted to install CoolReader3 from both the links supplied in post #1. I did the keyboard shortcut Shift + C + R, and nothing happend... So next I sshed into my Kindle and tried to launch it from there or see if it was one of the running processes (which it wasn't). When I tried to launch it manually I recieve the following error:

[root@kindle cr3]# ./cr3
./cr3: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked to make sure that file (libjpeg.so.8) was present and it was, I even tried copying it into the directory right next to the cr3 executable, but to no avail. If anyone has any tips or suggestions or has expirience with this problem I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you.

**Update**
Of course right after I make this post I figured out the problem, although I find it strange that nothing was mentioned in the installation instructions. I copied the files from /cr3/lib/ to /qtkindle/lib/. Maybe someone should update the installation instructions for people who might encounter the same problem.

Last edited by tstngry; 04-25-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Solved Problem
tstngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #122
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstngry View Post
I attempted to install CoolReader3 from both the links supplied in post #1. I did the keyboard shortcut Shift + C + R, and nothing happend...
did you try the instructions in the first post?
worked perfectly for me

Quote:
I copied the files from /cr3/lib/ to /qtkindle/lib/. Maybe someone should update the installation instructions for people who might encounter the same problem.
at least you found a soln for your own problem.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #123
Atlantius
Atlantius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 SO
- Removed

Last edited by Atlantius; 06-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Atlantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #124
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Arrow

Quote:
When I tried to launch it manually I recieve the following error:

[root@kindle cr3]# ./cr3
./cr3: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked to make sure that file (libjpeg.so.8) was present and it was, I even tried copying it into the directory right next to the cr3 executable, but to no avail. If anyone has any tips or suggestions or has expirience with this problem I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you.
A bit of background knowledge about the above...

The infrastructure that supports dynamic libraries on Windows (*.dll) and Linux (*.so) is different.

The Windows system __will__ look in the same directory as the executable was loaded from before looking in system defined places.
So under Windows, the "copying it into the directory right next to the cr3 executable" would be expected to solve this "not found" error.

The Linux (any *nix) system looks in a list of locations (never including the locations that executables are kept for security reasons).
That list is maintained at the "end user" level (or by the installation application used by the "end user").

That list is /etc/ld.so.conf
Which in turn may "include" all the configuration files in a directory, typically /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

The developer's choices when installing a new dynamic library -
put it in one of the directories already listed in one of the config lists; or
add the directory where it was put to the config list(s).

The ld.so loader gets its information from a binary cache of the list information, so ...
After the above choice/action is taken - the cache must be updated.
run: ldconfig command as user 'root'.
You may have to make the trusted directories read/write (mntroot rw) for the ldconfig command to complete depending on the options it is run with.

Ref:
man ldconfig
or google: man ldconfig

These requirements of the dynamic library loader are usually taken care of by the appliction's installer.

Last edited by knc1; 06-10-2012 at 07:57 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:11 AM   #125
vasilissv
vasilissv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-fi
Problem with page margins

Hi, everyone!

I have a Kindle Keyboard 3 wi-fi with the following installed and working:
jailbreak: kindle-jailbreak-0.10.N.zip
screensaver hack: kindle-ss-0.25.N.zip
launchpad: lpad-pkg-001c.zip
CR3 01/13/12 VERSION: 0.1.7
Version crengine: 3.0.54-33
I have a problem with settings of page margins, they are set by default "Top" and "8", when i try to change them to "All" it's nothing happen.
Please help me with this issue.

Last edited by vasilissv; 06-21-2012 at 06:21 AM.
vasilissv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #126
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Thanks it is all working, I even installed some comic and horror fonts, perhaps 200 was too much!
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #127
jihe3141
jihe3141 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g keyboard
I have a strange problem, my coolreader now displays books at 90 degrees to the kindle orientation! So if the kindle is in portrait mode and I start coolreader then it displays in landscape, and vise versa. The funny thing is that the menu and file browser all work correctly, it's just that once any book text is displayed the orientation is rotated. I tried to find if there is a display orientation option without success. Can anyone help?
jihe3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #128
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihe3141 View Post
...my coolreader now displays books at 90 degrees to the kindle orientation! ...
...I tried to find if there is a display orientation option without success.
did you see 10th and 26th item of the FAQ on this post?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #129
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
New version with high contrast on K4NT

As you know, cr3 contrast on K4NT was very poor because of the old, K3 specific Qt graphics driver. It's no longer the case with the new driver that was provided today by andy wooden. Contrast on K4NT is on par with K3 now!

Download CR3 with fixed contrast (3.0.57-15).

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-30-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: updated link
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #130
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
interesting, thanks for sharing. is it the same version of cr3 and just an updated qtkindle, or is cr3 updated too? maybe the new qtkindle might benefit other apps on k4 too.
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #131
thomass
Wizard

you can read the discussion about the update here (the-ebook.org- translated)

Last edited by thomass; 09-30-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #132
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

thanks, will do!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #133
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy dave View Post
interesting, thanks for sharing. is it the same version of cr3 and just an updated qtkindle, or is cr3 updated too? maybe the new qtkindle might benefit other apps on k4 too.
cr3 has the most recent crengine from the git master branch. The main difference is qtkindle graphics driver, other apps using it should benefit as well.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #134
hippy dave
Zealot

great, thanks for the info!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #135
thomass
Wizard

about the changelog for 29.09.2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder
Qt frontend is the same, changes are only in the crengine:
http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...hortlog;h=HEAD
(see only changes that affect crengine, ignore frontend and device specific changes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder
please note that my version also works on DX and K3, it's not K4 specific.