Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #136
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijntje View Post
Would it be possible to strip titles of the (eBook) suffix?
I have a lot of eBooks and they show up in Calibre as "title (eBook)" because of Bol.com plugin.
It would nicer if the (eBook) suffix would be stripped.
It is easy to do, but I think it is not wise.
If you don''t have an isbn number, the title is used to match. In that case te suffix can be important to get the right book. There are books with the same title but different description/cover p.e. paperback, ebook, luisterboek.
To avoid the assigning of the suffix, you could choose not to import the title.
If the search is isbn based and you do not have a title,this is no option (I know)

You can also select all the books where ebook is part of the title and then use the function metedata, and there for the titlefield replace (ebook) with nothing.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #137
ralphvdhoudt
ralphvdhoudt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
Hey Ralph , wat is your search query? Which book, author of isbn number.
I like to reproduce the error to fix. It looks like there are no titles found at all.
When I disable the option, the detailed output says many times: Rejecting as not close enough match

The following example has many, but the same happens when there is only one match that is not close enough

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.43
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'authors': [u'Raymond E. Feist'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'sage van de demonenoorlog'} 
Using plugins: BOL_NL 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** BOL_NL ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')] 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.752952098846 
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/sage+van+de+demonenoorlog+Raymond+Feist/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572
Rejecting as not close enough match: Saga van de Demonenoorlog 1 legioen van de angst 
Rejecting as not close enough match: De Saga van de Demonenoorlog 2 - Voor de Poorten van Chaos 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Sage scheuring 1 Magier 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Sage scheuring 3 Duisternis over Sethanon 
Rejecting as not close enough match: De Sage Van De Oorlog Van De Grote Scheuring / Prins Van Den Bloede 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Sage scheuring 2 Zilverdoorn 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Sage scheuring 5 Boekenier des konings 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Het Einde van de Magier 
Rejecting as not close enough match: De saga van de chaosoorlog / 2 Een kroon in gevaar 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Het Bedreigde Koninkrijk / 1. De Saga Van De Chaosoorlog 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Magier 
Rejecting as not close enough match: Het Conclaaf Der Schaduwen / 3 De Terugkeer Van De Banneling 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 0.81 seconds 
The longest time (0.752952) was taken by: BOL_NL 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
ralphvdhoudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #138
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ralph,

Just as a reminder:
The plugin looks first for the isbn number, if that is given.
If not ,than it tries to match the authorsname en the exact booktitle. Only if there is an exact match the result is true. Exception is made for the double spaces (reduced to one space) and the start of the title (De, het or een), because BOL sometimes leaves it away.
If there is no (exact) match the plugin returns: no match found, and in the logfile the titles that were rejected are listed.

Because some titles are right, but there is a mismatch p.e. because Bol takes the number of the serie as part of the title ( saga of the demonen 2/ ....), the plugin has an option for you to choose one of the rejected titles as the correct one.

I tried the example you gave: I searched for Raymond E. Feist with title: sage van de demonenoorlog.
Without the last mentioned option the plugin returns without result and with a log showing rejected titles.
With the option on, I can choose: saga van de demonenoorlog 2, Voor de poorten van de chaos . and then I get the cover and te description of that book and no error-message.

So far the plugin works as it should.
In your first post you mentioned an error, which I cannot reproduce with the info you gave in your last post.
Do you get the error with this search, is there another search query with an error or is there something I don't understand at the moment?

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 08-16-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #139
ralphvdhoudt

Quote:
Ralph,

Just as a reminder:
The plugin looks first for the isbn number, if that is given.
If not ,than it tries to match the authorsname en the exact booktitle. Only if there is an exact match the result is true. Exception is made for the double spaces (reduced to one space) and the start of the title (De, het or een), because BOL sometimes leaves it away.
If there is no (exact) match the plugin returns: no match found, and in the logfile the titles that were rejected are listed.

Because some titles are right, but there is a mismatch p.e. because Bol takes the number of the serie as part of the title ( saga of the demonen 2/ ....), the plugin has an option for you to choose one of the rejected titles as the correct one.

I tried the example you gave: I searched for Raymond E. Feist with title: sage van de demonenoorlog.
Without the last mentioned option the plugin returns without result and with a log showing rejected titles.
With the option on, I can choose: saga van de demonenoorlog 2, Voor de poorten van de chaos . and then I get the cover and te description of that book and no error-message.

So far the plugin works as it should.
In your first post you mentioned an error, which I cannot reproduce with the info you gave in your last post.
Do you get the error with this search, is there another search query with an error or is there something I don't understand at the moment?
Hi PrBarnArt,

I always get this error when the box is selected and multiple books are found. I never get the popup to choose a title. I'm using OS X. Is there anyway that I can help to identify the error a bit futher?

Greetings Ralph
Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #140
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphvdhoudt View Post
Hi PrBarnArt,

I always get this error when the box is selected and multiple books are found. I never get the popup to choose a title. I'm using OS X. Is there anyway that I can help to identify the error a bit futher?

Greetings Ralph
Ok,
I presume it depends on OS, so I like to investigate this further. But for that I need an OS-X system. Not in the house. I will give it a try with a vmware.
Takes some times, so be patient.
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #141
ralphvdhoudt

Quote:
Ok,
I presume it depends on OS, so I like to investigate this further. But for that I need an OS-X system. Not in the house. I will give it a try with a vmware.
Takes some times, so be patient.
I used Extract ISBN as a workaround for most books, then the isbn is known and there is only one result. This worked for a lot of books.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #142
Wipneus
Connoisseur
Wipneus began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
No comments anymore

I think Bol changed again. Now when I search with the isbn for the book there is no comments anymore.
Stephen King - Gevangen with isbn 902455277X
Huub Nelis - Puberbrein Ondersteboven with isbn 9021541955

(Dutch)
Volgens mij heeft Bol weer wat veranderd, want als ik met het isbn zoek krijg ik geen commentaar meer. Zie boeken hierboven

Last edited by Wipneus; 08-20-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Wipneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #143
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipneus View Post
I think Bol changed again.
Ok, made a quick fix, version 2.2.4 available at the start of this thread.
Thanks again for notifying
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #144
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphvdhoudt View Post
I used Extract ISBN as a workaround for most books, then the isbn is known and there is only one result. This worked for a lot of books.
@Ralph:
did some first test with snowleopard, and noticed that the popup is shown when running the plugin from the command line, but doens not pop up when starting with the gui. Will be continued.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #145
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

I did some investigation for the trouble with the dialog of rejected titles under osX.
I learned (from the great Kovid Goyal) that (at least under osX) it is not possible to use a dialog window in a plugin. So for osX users the advise is to disable this option in the configuration of the plugin. In that case the plugin should work.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #146
fictorie
fictorie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Erroneous retrieving multiple authors

I'm using BOL_NL v2.2.4. When I search a book with one author, but also contributors and/or translators, the plugin returns all these as authors.
According to the plugin readme, the plugin doesn't return contributors and/or translators as authors.

Eg. when I search for http://www.bol.com/nl/p/herinnering-...1004004989166/, 3 authors are returned. The logging for the plugin contains one (unrelated?) error.

Code:
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110814 Firefox/6.0')] 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from BOL_NL took 2.05700016022 

--- 
Title               : Herinnering aan mijn droeve hoeren
Author(s)           : Gabriel García Márquez & Mariolein Sabarte Belacortu & Mariolein Sabarte Belacortu
Publisher           : J.M. Meulenhoff
Languages           : dut
Rating              : 
Identifiers         : isbn:9029079991
Comments            : Herinnering aan mijn droeve hoeren van Gabriel García Márquez is het aangrijpende verhaal van
een oude man die zichzelf op zijn negentigste verjaardag op een ongebruikelijk cadeau trakteert: een
jong meisje.

Recencie(s)  

Hoewel de titel misschien anders zou kunnen doen vermoeden, is dit absoluut geen zinnenprikkelende novelle, maar juist een fijnzinnig en warmbloedig verhaal, zoals het Gabriel Garcia Marquez betaamt. Een oude vrijgezel die enkel de betaalde liefde kent, besluit zichzelf voor zijn negentigste verjaardag een heel bijzonder cadeau te geven: een nacht met een jonge maagd. Een bevriende bordeelhoudster weet zo'n meisje voor hem te vinden, maar op de nacht zelf is het meisje zo moe dat ze de hele nacht doorslaapt, en wanneer de oude man beseft dat hij verliefd op haar is geworden, beginnen de problemen, want de echte liefde (en de bijkomende jaloezie) kende hij nog niet. Hoe een dun boekje zoveel humor en wijsheid kan bevatten, is het geheim van meesterverteller Marquez. Prachtig geschreven, uitstekend vertaald, en van een enorme levensvreugde die niet zou doen vermoeden dat de schrijver ook al ruim 80 jaar oud is. Een klein meesterwerk. Vrij kleine druk.
Redactie   
(source: Bol.com)

Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9029079991/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/toonAlle/true/index.html?_requestid=136981
BOL_NL url: u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9029079991/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/toonAlle/true/index.html?_requestid=136981'
Error parsing published date for url: u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9029079991/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/toonAlle/true/index.html?_requestid=136981'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 189, in parse_details
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 482, in parse_published_date
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 486, in _convert_date_text
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'rice' 

********************************************************************************
fictorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #147
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fictorie View Post
I'm using BOL_NL v2.2.4. When I search a book with one author, but also contributors and/or translators, the plugin returns all these as authors.
According to the plugin readme, the plugin doesn't return contributors and/or translators as authors.
Thanks for notifying. You were right.
The plugin only search for the author, not translators etc. But the code took also their names if they were mentioned.

I have published an update 2.2.5 with a fix and also a fix for the publishdate.

enjoy.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #148
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Bol changed ?

Bol Plugin don`t work again. It seems that they made a change. When i search with isbn and auteur and title he can`t find nothing anymore.

I get an error.

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Dayre, Valerie'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Echt Lili'}
Using plugins: BOL_NL, ISBNDB
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** ISBNDB ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from ISBNDB took 0.338000059128
Failed to make query to ISBNDb, aborting.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\isbndb.py ", line 106, in identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\isbndb.py ", line 213, in make_query
File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2993, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:63285)
File "parser.pxi", line 1617, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:93571)
File "parser.pxi", line 1488, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:92305)
File "parser.pxi", line 969, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:88675)
File "parser.pxi", line 577, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:84711)
File "parser.pxi", line 676, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:85816)
File "parser.pxi", line 627, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:85308)
XMLSyntaxError: None

************************************************** ******************************

Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.78 Safari/532.5')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.871000051498
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekr...equestid=17572
BOL_NL url: 'http://www.bol.com/nl/p/echt-lili/1001004004934974/'
Could not find title/authors/bol_nl_id for 'http://www.bol.com/nl/p/echt-lili/1001004004934974/'
bol_nl_id: 'nl/p/echt-lili/1001004004934974' Title: 'Echt Lili' Authors: []

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.02 seconds
The longest time (0.871000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Wipneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #149
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Hey Wipneus,

Thanks again for notifying.
I have made an update, version 2.3 .
Available at the start of this thread.

Hope that will do for a while. Enjoy!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #150
Wipneus
Connoisseur