Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #181
stevehaley
stevehaley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does anyone have any idea why my custom column has broken somewhere between version 7.37 and 7.43. It was working fine but now says unknown id str_title1.
Problem appears to be in the switch statement

code as follows:-
program:
stripped=re(field('series'), '^(A|The|An)\s+', '');
shortened=shorten(stripped, 4, '-' ,4);
initials=re(stripped, '[^\w]*(\w?)[^\s]+(\s|$)', '\1');
s_index=template('{series_index:0>2.0f}');
abrv=strcat(
switch( stripped,
'.\s', initials,
'.', shortened,
field('series')),
test(s_index, strcat(' ', s_index, ': '), ''),
field('title'));

str_title1=template('{series}{series_index:0>2.0f| |: }{title}');
str_title2 = template('{#alt_series_name}{series_index:0>2.0f| |: }{title}');
str_title3 = abrv;
str_title4 = template('{series_index:0>2.0f| |: }{title}');
str_title5 = field('title');
str_default =test(field('#alt_series_name'),str_title2, str_title1);

str_input = lowercase(field('#kindle_title_fmt'));

switch(str_input,
'Series and num',str_title1,
'alt and num',str_title2,
'short and num',str_title3,
'num only',str_title4,
'no series info',str_title5,
str_default);
stevehaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #182
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're better off opening a ticket as chaley who maintains this code doesn't visit mobileread any more.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 02-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #183
stevehaley
stevehaley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
On a second issue is there anyway to evaluate the formats and put a Y in a column if the book has a MOBI format?
suspect it is {formats:switch(.......)}
but not clever enough to get it working...
thks
stephen
stevehaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #184
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Wink Start at page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehaley View Post
On a second issue is there anyway to evaluate the formats and put a Y in a column if the book has a MOBI format?
suspect it is {formats:switch(.......)}
but not clever enough to get it working...
thks
stephen
Hi stevehaley
In the absolutely first post in this thread, with the heading
"Common composite custom columns"
There's an example of a custom column set to Yes if ebook format is like "*EPUB*".

Display Yes if the book has an EPUB format. Template:{formats:contains(EPUB, Yes,)}

So what you're looking for might be something like this:

Code:
{formats:contains(MOBI, Y,)}
Did this help ?

BTW: Been here for approx. 6 months, so I also have to get used to the new layout, but it actually helps finding things faster.

Last edited by pchrist7; 02-03-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typos
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #185
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Sorry this is the wrong spot and I d not see a delete button.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 02-04-2011 at 10:04 AM.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #186
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi All: I need a little assistance again with the composite column for the annotations, for some reason my annotations are not being updated each time. I do not know if it is something with my annotations or my system, but for some records they will not update although I know they have annotations. Is there a way to check the MBP file?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #187
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi All: I need a little assistance again with the composite column for the annotations, for some reason my annotations are not being updated each time. I do not know if it is something with my annotations or my system, but for some records they will not update although I know they have annotations. Is there a way to check the MBP file?
Hi nynaevelan
The mbp files are "binary" meaning you can't just read them.
You would a "hex editor" plus a description of the mbp file format to figure out what's actually in the files ( as far as I know )
What you could do is checking the time stamp to see if it's dated as you would expect.
What info is not updated as expected ?
The read % ?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #188
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Sorry this is the wrong spot and I d not see a delete button.
No delete button.. It would disrupt the logical flow of these threads if users went back and completely changed/removed their original material.

If you have not "submitted", just use your browser 'Back' button (or close it) without submitting... Gone.

You did the other (post-Submitted) way
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #189
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Hi nynaevelan
The mbp files are "binary" meaning you can't just read them.
You would a "hex editor" plus a description of the mbp file format to figure out what's actually in the files ( as far as I know )
What you could do is checking the time stamp to see if it's dated as you would expect.
What info is not updated as expected ?
The read % ?
I think that might be why Calibre is not picking up the files, when I look in the documents folder of the Kindle with the Explorer there is no timestamp to the file. The next step I tried was checking the annotations in Kindle for PC, updating them and loading them to the kindle. When I look at the files in the book on the kindle it shows the updated annotations but Calibre still will not update them. It is not updating the comments section or the column, and I know it is not working because it is not putting the + in the tags section.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #190
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
I think that might be why Calibre is not picking up the files, when I look in the documents folder of the Kindle with the Explorer there is no timestamp to the file. The next step I tried was checking the annotations in Kindle for PC, updating them and loading them to the kindle. When I look at the files in the book on the kindle it shows the updated annotations but Calibre still will not update them. It is not updating the comments section or the column, and I know it is not working because it is not putting the + in the tags section.
Hi nynaevelan
First of all you have to tell explorer to show timestamps to see them.
What OS you using ?
A bit confused here - the problem is that books read on the Kindle are not updated, OR are you reading with K4PC as well ? And that's not replicated to the Kindle ?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #191
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Hi nynaevelan
First of all you have to tell explorer to show timestamps to see them.
What OS you using ?
A bit confused here - the problem is that books read on the Kindle are not updated, OR are you reading with K4PC as well ? And that's not replicated to the Kindle ?
The issue is not with Explorer, it is showing the timestamps for everything else just not these files. I am on Win 7. I am reading the books on the kindle but it is quicker and easier to update them on K4PC, I only switched to K4PC because of this problem, the annotations were originally created on the kindle.

I have ALOT of annotations on my Wheel of Time books and I would like to get them into Calibre so that I can have backups there. I can see them on the kindle website but they are old versions, so I am updating them all with the current notes, highlights and bookmarks so that Calibre will be updated.

EDIT: Ok I think I was making problems for myself by using both the kindle and k4pc, I am back on track now. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 02-04-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #192
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
EDIT: Ok I think I was making problems for myself by using both the kindle and k4pc, I am back on track now. Sorry for the confusion.
No problem. Glad you fixed it.
Have a nice weekend,
Old 02-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #193
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Hi:

Has something changed with fetch annotations in 0.7.45, I tried to download the latest annotations from my kindle after upgrading to 0.7.45 and now none update in Calibre and all the mbp files change to an extension of asnx?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #194
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
Hi:

Has something changed with fetch annotations in 0.7.45, I tried to download the latest annotations from my kindle after upgrading to 0.7.45 and now none update in Calibre and all the mbp files change to an extension of asnx?
Hi there
I havent upgraded calibre yet, but will soon. As far as I know, asnx is for the new K3 firmware, showing page no. as well as locations.
Havent installed new K3 firmware yet, so ..
Will get back to you once I have had a chance to upgrade/test calibre.

Edit: Just upgraded Calibre to 0.7.45 and did Fetch Annotations.
It works as expected/as usual from my K3.
Note: Did NOT update my K3 firmware yet, and have NOT added any plugins etc.
Yet ;-D Looking keenly at the collection creation pluging, but need time to experiment.
Could you have done other changes to get this issue ?

Last edited by pchrist7; 02-12-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #195
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Hi there
I havent upgraded calibre yet, but will soon. As far as I know, asnx is for the new K3 firmware, showing page no. as well as locations.
Havent installed new K3 firmware yet, so ..
Will get back to you once I have had a chance to upgrade/test calibre.

Edit: Just upgraded Calibre to 0.7.45 and did Fetch Annotations.
It works as expected/as usual from my K3.
Note: Did NOT update my K3 firmware yet, and have NOT added any plugins etc.
Yet ;-D Looking keenly at the collection creation pluging, but need time to experiment.
Could you have done other changes to get this issue ?
I don't have a k3, I have a k2, how does this affect the functionality for me because the annotations no longer work with 0.745. And other than adding the upgraded Kindle Collections plugin and adding a couple of recipes I have not changed anything.

Tags
custom column, tag, tags