Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-31-2009, 04:06 AM   #16
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Candles lit in memory for Anthony's brotherClick image for larger version

Name:	Capture.GIF
Views:	1812
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	33329

and carld's mother.Click image for larger version

A candle lit in hope for pshrynk's dad.Click image for larger version

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
. . . I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...

I totally understand (I've always felt the same way), so yes, what Marc said are my sentiments also.

So, no more words, just Name:  candle04.gif
Views: 16397
Size:  23.5 KB for your dad.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:17 AM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
pshrynk, i think marc said it best. like ladyblue, just know that we're all standing here very close to you and we'll keep up the idle chatter or whatever else you need. one of my candles is for you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #19
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I am so glad that I can acknowledge that my third candle was for pshrynk and so sorry at the same time. Along with the candle, I'm sending a virtual hug. God Bless.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Some candles for friends and their families.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #21
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
For my brother

For carld's mother

And for hope for pshrink's father

Thanks you Patricia, for starting this thread. I dunno how I missed it before.

And for you, carld, my deepest sympathies for your loss. May you find the strength in those around you, and give your strength to the same.

And for you Pshrink. I give pray and hope that your father will pull through. The fact that he is breathing on his own is heartening news. Never give up hope.

gw

Last edited by griffonwing; 07-31-2009 at 10:19 AM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #22
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I light a candle and shed a tear for Aaron, for Carld's mother, for Pshrynk's father, and for every friend that seeks comfort and dares not to ask. My arms are open and my heart is filled with love for you.

Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #23
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Ricky, My dad is dying. I've spent the week at the hospital, working with the doctors to get them to remove the ET that they put in when he crashed during his endoscopy. He has been hell on wheels against "pipes and tubes" since he first learned about them when I was in Jr Hi. They took him off the respirator this afternoon and he's breathing on his own now, but slipping away. I tend not to talk to people about this, and have posted mere hints at it in other threads. I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...
Understood.

I was really looking forward to meeting you in Montréal next weekend but we'll do it some other time. Take good care of your dad... the best you can offer him is your presence.

(I was baptized in the Byzantine faith.)

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 07-31-2009 at 12:35 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Candles burning here too. I have no words.

ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 PM   #25
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thanks Patricia for starting this, and to whichever mod stickied it.

Lighting a candle for griffonwing, carld & pshrynk - you're all in my thoughts.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #26
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Thanks Patricia for starting this, and to whichever mod stickied it.

Lighting a candle for griffonwing, carld & pshrynk - you're all in my thoughts.
Not much I can add beyond what Am has already said - the same goes for me.

*hugs* for all who need them
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #27
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, Dad died yesterday morning at 3:20. I woke up at 3:15, as did Mom, my wife, two of my brothers, and a sister in law. We are going back to Iowa tomorrow for the memorial on Monday. Actually, the entire family ganged up on me to not cancel my trip to Montreal, so I'll be going.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Well, Dad died yesterday morning at 3:20. I woke up at 3:15, as did Mom, my wife, two of my brothers, and a sister in law. We are going back to Iowa tomorrow for the memorial on Monday. Actually, the entire family ganged up on me to not cancel my trip to Montreal, so I'll be going.
i'm so sorry to hear that pshrynk. i'm keeping you close in my heart and sending you a hug. i'm glad you'll still be going to montreal ; at times like this i think it's good to be with friends.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #29
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
I'm so sorry! My sincere condolences.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #30
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
So very sorry to hear. Sending my heartfelt condolences.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote