Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
iLiad iRex to ship Spring 2006 in US

David Rothman over at TeleRead has just confirmed that the iRex e-book reader will be shipping in the U.S. in the Spring of 2006 as expected.

His source is from a post by an iRex contact known by him, so it looks like it's for real. The confusion about ship date was due to a U.S. News & World Report article that made it sound like it was going to be a 2007 ship date. But apparently it was "a misunderstanding from the way the article is written." That may mean the reporter just got it wrong, or maybe the 2007 date does refer to something relevant, but different.

Either way, it's March 2006 already, so we'll know soon!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
damn...you were faster...by aboot 3 minutes...I just found the post and was about to start a new thread when I refreshed my browser and found it already had been posted...^^

CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
That's very nice to hear. Depending on the actual street price I'll buy the iRex instead of the Sony Reader, especially when it's the first of the two to hit the markets.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
i'll be waiting for the reviews

but i still think that i'll get hanlin instead
(price, features i'll actually use to read books, size, etc)

Last edited by luag; 03-14-2006 at 11:11 AM.
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The real question is, what are the content options for this device going to be for US customers?
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
luag
Zealot

project gutenberg, "legal" ebooks, "pirated" ebooks, and possibly BBeB support if iRex releases their SDK to public?

Last edited by luag; 03-14-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I might be swayed from the HanLin if the price on the iLiad is low enough ("iLiad" is rather a cool name). I think The slightly larger size is a good feature for my purposes, especially as the footprint isn't much bigger than the screen itself.

Speaking only for myself, I'm far more interested in reading e-books on the rascal than newspapers or magazines on it, so content providers, or lack thereof just isn't a big concern for me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
luag
Zealot

i rather doubt the "low enough" part...lol
8" screen...16 level grayscale...full screen touchscreen...

i dunno...im not sure those features are necessary just to simply read ebooks...

i guess i'll reserve the extra money for a 2nd generation Readius-like device next year
Old 03-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
you could be right..what happened to the price-speculation by the way?
Someone said 650€, then dpa said around 400€ and then all the lines went dead...the device is supposed to launch in April and so far no information...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
some slight information here

Last edited by NatCh; 03-14-2006 at 04:47 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:04 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
According to Nick of AFAICS Research, the iLiad is scheduled for April/May this year and will be initially sold exclusively by iRex. The price of 649€ is expected to drop by the end of 2006 to something between 400€ and 500€.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote