Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
bandanabandit88
bandanabandit88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Any Help is Appreciated!

Hey guys,
I've been stalking the forum for a few days now. I just purchased an eDGe the other day, I know I know, the company shut down, no more support. lol. I did my research. Only problem is, I did the research AFTER I turned the thing on. So now, I'm past the first screen you see, and I don't have the option to click the four corners counter clockwise and get to the main page. Any suggestions on how I can bypass the registration once I've already passed the INITIAL screen? Thanks again for any help!
bandanabandit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandanabandit88 View Post
Hey guys,
I've been stalking the forum for a few days now. I just purchased an eDGe the other day, I know I know, the company shut down, no more support. lol. I did my research. Only problem is, I did the research AFTER I turned the thing on. So now, I'm past the first screen you see, and I don't have the option to click the four corners counter clockwise and get to the main page. Any suggestions on how I can bypass the registration once I've already passed the INITIAL screen? Thanks again for any help!

Does this mean you touched the 4 corners in succession as shown in the YouTube Video and the eDGe doesn't go to the main page? Please elaborate.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
bandanabandit88
bandanabandit88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for looking into this Basically, I turned the device on the first time, and went through the registration process, of course getting the error. I went back, as far as I could. But the last page I can get to is Step 1 of 1 but on the youtube video, it shows that the four corners step is done before this page. I cannot get back to the first screen to press the four corners. I'm stuck in the registration process. I hope that's understandable. Thanks again!
bandanabandit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi bandana, Welcome!

Did you try doing the 4 corners trick on the screen you have showing? Also, did you try resetting with a paperclip in the reset hole?

It's been a long time since I saw the setup screens, but what is yours saying?

I'll bet your answer is in one of the (probably long) forum threads about getting started, or registering, or possibly updating. So many people got stuck in so many different places I am sure you aren't the first!

P.S. If your search doesn't turn up an answer I will see if I can find it for you. Try Obsessed's sticky thread first, I would say.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandanabandit88 View Post
Thanks for looking into this Basically, I turned the device on the first time, and went through the registration process, of course getting the error. I went back, as far as I could. But the last page I can get to is Step 1 of 1 but on the youtube video, it shows that the four corners step is done before this page. I cannot get back to the first screen to press the four corners. I'm stuck in the registration process. I hope that's understandable. Thanks again!

Like Filark said, try resetting the Edge (use a paperclip - reset is next to USB port). If that doesn't work proceed with the Setup. According to the Quick Start Guide there may be a "Skip" option depending on the Operating System installed. Basically run the setup and when you get to the Registration Step hopefully there will be the option to skip to the next step. If this works and you are able to get to the home screen enable Digital Rights Management (DRM). Follow the instructions in my Resource Sticky.

If none of this works, the absolute last resort may be to download either the Ermine Beta or the original Dingo 1.13 build and reflash the device using a small USB thumb drive (preferably 1 GB or less) or a microSD card. Again, this is an absolute last resort. Experiment first and see if you can proceed with Setup and bypass some registration steps. If you feel like you have exhausted all options and want to reflash the eDGe, there are download links to both the original Dingo (1.13) as well as the Ermine beta along with the last two PDF instructions at the bottom of the post on how to install either version.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
I'm pretty sure that I had the same issue when I first purchased mine a while back. It seems like I either had to reset it or to shut it down and start it back up to make it work. I don't remember which but mine is fine now and with the exception of a few limitations of the PE, it has been problem free. Good luck and post what what it working for you so that others will have an answer. -Micky
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Kball1010
Kball1010 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage pocket edge
Ok I have gotten past the registration form but now I cant do anything on my edge, can anyone tell me what to do to be able to go on the internet and download apps to it?
Kball1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kball1010 View Post
Ok I have gotten past the registration form but now I cant do anything on my edge, can anyone tell me what to do to be able to go on the internet and download apps to it?
If memory serves me correctly there are instructions about setting up WiFi in the user manual.

Once you have a wireless connection the world is open to you, just read obsessed2's excellent set of instructions on finding apps and their requirements.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
SHELLVVS
SHELLVVS began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
i have had my PE for 2 mos and still have not been successful with the upgrade to Ermine. I am now trying a 512 MB USB formated to FAT32. i downloaded the correct update and renamed "update". I have read and followed all instructions to the letter. Every time I try the update I keep getting "LOST.DIR" on my USB and never get a successful update.....CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE????
SHELLVVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #10
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELLVVS View Post
i have had my PE for 2 mos and still have not been successful with the upgrade to Ermine. I am now trying a 512 MB USB formated to FAT32. i downloaded the correct update and renamed "update". I have read and followed all instructions to the letter. Every time I try the update I keep getting "LOST.DIR" on my USB and never get a successful update.....CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE????
First, check you have a good update.zip - try opening it on your computer, if it opens and shows more zip files then it is OK - if it doesn't then download it again and test again.

Second, try several USB sticks as not all sticks are created equal. I have a 1 GB stick that will only work on one of our computers ans one clients computer, I also have several 5 GB sticks that work on anything I try them on.

If after you have proved the update.zip is good and tried it on several USB sticks making sure it is update.zip and nothing else - look at it plugged into your unit using ES File Explorer - and it still doesn't update let us know and we will try and help some more.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
bandanabandit, did you get your PE working?

SHELLVVS, any luck?

Kball1010, welcome to the forum! Did Ivan's answer give you all you need?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote