Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #166
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
This has turned into one very nice patch that I wouldn't be without anymore, thank you again for your work on it. It was the one thing left I really missed from my Sony 350, the time and the battery level.

I couldn't manage to put the battery level first, and then the time. Nothing would show up if I entered {battery} first on the format line before the time. Is there anyway to put it before the time that I missed? Or a separate placement for the battery percentage, such as putting it at bottom left and the time at the bottom right? That would actually be my preference, but may not be possible.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #167
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I couldn't manage to put the battery level first, and then the time. Nothing would show up if I entered {battery} first on the format line before the time. Is there anyway to put it before the time that I missed?
This works on my KA1, I just tested it:
Code:
format=[{battery}] %H:%M
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #168
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't know I had to add extra brackets around the {battery}, I entered it just as I did now. I'll give that another try then, thanks for that.

Edit: I figured out what must have happened. When I entered it with brackets as you have it, it shows the brackets around the percentage which I didn't want. Tried it again without the brackets as I originally had it, and nothing. And then I remembered that once in awhile the clock doesn't show. While reading, sometimes it shows only every other page, I figured it has to do with the amount of time between flipping pages maybe? But no adjustments of the time for me would ever make that go away completely, so just left it at 1 1 1. When I initially tried it, that must have been what happened, just one of those times when it didn't show and I didn't think at the time to test it further with multiple page turns. So it was operator error (as usual! ) Thanks again.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 01-05-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:14 PM   #169
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
---- removed because I accidentally double post ---

Last edited by frostschutz; 01-05-2019 at 06:17 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #170
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it's just "{battery}", if you use "[{battery}]" it should literally show as "[42%]" on screen. (without the quotes)

the % char could be problematic, since that is also format string for date so... "{battery}d" could come out as 42%d -> 4206 instead of 42% so - yeah

I'll be fixing that... until then add a space or comma or harmless after {battery}

Last edited by frostschutz; 01-05-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Advert
Old 01-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #171
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I didn't know I had to add extra brackets around the {battery}, I entered it just as I did now. I'll give that another try then, thanks for that.
Sorry for any confusion. The square brackets were deliberate as that is how I like to see battery% on my devices. I should have made it clearer.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #172
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Not a problem at all, I'm grateful for the nudge in the right direction. I add 6 spaces between the battery and time in a bit smaller font than the page numbers are.

Sometimes the issue with not showing up on every page doesn't happen as often, so I simply forgot about it back when I originally tried it. Lately I've been noticing the clock missing more though, that's why I thought of it this round.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #173
trampas
trampas began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Just tried this on my H2O2 and I love it, many thanks.
As I wanted the battery and date/time in the bottom right hand corner I changed the following in the example config file:

format= [{battery}] %a %d %b %H:%M

offset_x=732
offset_y=1400

font=SCIENTIFICA

battery_max=100

... so the battery always shows, the font is lighter and the date and time order suits me.
trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #174
leonmoonen
leonmoonen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Forma, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Or a separate placement for the battery percentage, such as putting it at bottom left and the time at the bottom right? That would actually be my preference, but may not be possible.
I had also thought a bit about this, not so much for separate battery placement but to show my contact info at a second location. I took a look at the code and I think I can quite easily add this... @frostschutz: would you be interested in incorporating such a patch? If so, I can fork the repo and send you a pull request when done. My idea would be to just duplicate all settings as x2, y2, etc., and if they exist a second format string would show, otherwise the behavior stays as it is now...

For my 'contact info' purpose, it would be interesting to distinguish being on the home page vs. being on a book page and only display on the home page. Does anyone know if there is a way to detect this from within a script?
leonmoonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #175
frostschutz
Linux User

For contact info, have you considered the low tech solution? Print it on a label, stick it on the back of the device (and another on the case if you usually use one). It would survive firmware updates / factory resets, run on an empty battery, and also works for people who don't know how to use ebook readers.

It could also contain way more info than you could squeeze into some corner of your screen while reading. Not strictly opposed to your idea, just not sure how practical it would be.

Quote:
it would be interesting to distinguish being on the home page vs. being on a book page and only display on the home page.
I don't have a reliable way to detect that. For my screensaver addon, I have to resort to actually looking at the screen to determine it's going to sleep or poweroff. And that's only possible because there's an indirect trigger involved too (Kobo firmware checks affiliate in ereader conf before going to sleep).

What you could probably do is a "contact info" book that would show on the homepage.

Or you could replace the bootup logo (dancing squares) with a contact info screen that people would see if they ever reboot your device (or it powers off by itself and have to power it back on).

Still I think the low tech solution beats everything else.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #176
David0226
David0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
I just glance at my watch....
I don't wear a watch around the house.
David0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:33 AM   #177
David0226
David0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura One
For "NightMode" support, some may be using the "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen" patch. When using this patch, use the following in the "NightMode support" section:

Code:
#
# NightMode support:
#
nightmode_file=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf
nightmode_key=InvertScreen
nightmode_value=true
David0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:14 AM   #178
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
@frostschutz Is it possible, to add the showfunktion, for the back/forwrard-Keys , for the Kobo-Forma. The clock is only showing when i use the Touchscreen?
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #179
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jamalau: Not easily, no, as Nickel holds exclusive access to the physical button events.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #180
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@jamalau: Not easily, no, as Nickel holds exclusive access to the physical button events.
Oh man just came across this as a lifesaver but have a Forma and realise it won't work with the page turn buttons (

@frostschutz no chance of button implementation? I will send you some great Aussie beers ...

Last edited by poczynek; 07-16-2019 at 08:04 PM.
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote