Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Generic "Sending to Device" template not kicking in on Folder Device

According to the configuration dialog, it says "Here you can control how calibre will save your books when you click the Send to Device button. This setting can be overriden for individual devices by customizing the device interface plugins in Preferences->Advanced->Plugins"

So I took this to mean that if I don't specify anything on the device specific plugin, it would use the template specified in "Sending books to devices".

At least for the folder device this does not work. You actually do need to specify the template in the folder device plugin or it simply will not work as intended. I did get the name elements I wanted but it did not create the folders, instead it replaced the forward slash with an underscore, creating all files in the single folder.

Only after copy/pasting the exact same template in the "Configure this device" dialog did the folders get created according to the template.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'll have to wait for chaley to return, the folder device is his baby.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
No worries, I got it working at least and that is the main thing. But aside from this, the question might be if it is really needed to have the generic template trigger. I can imagine that different devices may have different target requirements so this could potentially lead to books ending up in the wrong place if a device driver pulls the generic template and this creating a format different from what the device expects. Or am I seeing this wrong?

EDIT: Hmm. It seems I am not entirely correct, the folder device configuration also has a checkbox to use subdirectories or not... removing the template here and just leaving the checkbox ticked also uses the generic template format creating the folder structure as specified

Last edited by At_Libitum; 11-01-2013 at 07:15 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote