Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Onyx Boox i62HD How To Topics

Hi everyone, I'd like to propose a permanent thread for collecting all How To Topics for the Onyx Boox i62HD since a user manual does not appear to exist and if one did it would probably not have a lot of information similar to the M92 user manual.

If it turns out someone has already done this then let me know and I'll use that thread and close this one.

For the first How To Topics I'd like to post the following:

How to update firmware:
  1. Copy firmware release file to an empty microSD memory card.
  2. Either fully charge your i62HD battery or have it connected to a power source via the USB cable.
  3. Turn off the i62HD and then insert the microSD memory card containing the firmware update file.
  4. Hold down the Back Button (button at center bottom of the screen) and turn on the power to the i62HD.
  5. Release the Back Button once the message "Locating firmware update" appears at the bottom of the screen.
  6. When the firmware update finishes the i62HD will restart itself.
  7. Check the Settings/About menu to confirm the new firmware has been installed.
  8. If you use MAC address filtering on your wifi network perform a test connection of the i62HD to confirm the unit's MAC address. If it has changed you'll need to update the MAC address filtering table in your wifi network router.
How to exit from full screen mode:
  1. In full screen mode press and hold your finger on the screen for several seconds until the menu is displayed and then select "Exit Full-Screen Mode" on the bottom of the menu.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote